Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV) pics and info

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by joe_fresh, Jun 24, 2010.

1. I have exactly the same symptoms just in reverse the leaves curl downward and the top of the branches get weak first and the bud sites are healthiest towards the stalk but the disease has spread to the entire room please help if you have any information.................

2. hello jae650,you should post some pics.im curious to see your plants..i too have been getting weird leaf patterns and sideway leaf growth.mine seem to grow to a certain height and then all the symptoms that fit the virus happen.it seems they have a sticky about TMV and when people post on it nobody seems to respond.i can see alot of people being paranoid at the littlest defect on there plant,but there shoud be atleast someone out there with some experience with this virus to answer your post.

3. hey i'll show you updated pics of the suspected TMV infected plants of mine.. and although i don't have experience with TMV i'm most certain it's infected..

4. Does this look like tmv to you?

Attached Files:

5. hello,seen your thread on the other forum also,i would like to know myself because i have leaves that also do that.it seems that nobody on these sites like to answer questions about tmv.it must be a touchy subject.sorry i could not help hopefully someone will come along that has a documented case and can offer you advise.i will be watching both your threads closely.

6. UGH!!!!! you now have me going through every single leaf on every single plant. i have some contorted leaves, and a few spots, but i am pretty sure it is just light burn. i am forever scarred by your pics now, but thanks for making everyone "aware".

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. False alarm for me..... seems to be clearing up now. Added more P and Ca

Attached Files:

8. This virus is real and dumd ass greedy fucks are speading it in northern California. We have only been growing for the last few years and stressed the hell out the first dozen grows, couldnt hurt the things, bent, cut, transplanted, cloned, forgot to change the res every week, more then once until we Bought a few clones at a dispenery last december. I keep the new clones away from the other healthy plants for a few weeks in quaintine until I could kill all the black flin nats and mites, they looked a little sick and thought is was shock. Anyway I put them in veg with eight of our prized strains fems and in a few weeks it spread. The nutes,PH,temp, distance from the lights, hydro set up were the same as the other sucsessful grows. They just started getting sick and slowlly dieing in veg and wilted in bloom. We thought some one was poisioning the things, could not figure out what the problem was until about a month ago reading about plant viruses. It spread to every single Clone, plant that was living in the grow room. We had 15 in bloom, 120 different strains of rooting clones, 20 in veg. We killed the problem yesterday, all the 215 paients who really need cannabis for pain. One guy is in his seventies, Air born ranger, multi war veteran, another is 35 and she has termial cancer. We dont make any money grown the stuff and never planed to, just tired of perscrption drugs and tanted weed! Choped and Droped everything and burned. Still sterlizing and going to bug bomb everything. We stoped this cycle in it tracks so no one else gets it. We are growing all our meds from seed from now on.

9. Is this TMV?

Attached Files:

10. almost looks to be nutrient overdose or salt build-up. noticed the burned leaf tips on your photos.

11. Yeah, but the leaves are almost identical to the TMV leaves.

12. I guess we shall see. I ordered some TMV test strips. I hope it's just some kind of crazy def or something, but I really doubt it...

13. looks like a micronutrient problem probably starting with nitrogen.

14. So do you think this is what I have going on? I was told it was nut burn. Check my thread "Need some serious help" I have pics of them in there.

15. Looks like the same shit I got going on. I'm chopping them down. The only ones inffected are the one I got out of a bag. I have 4 small ones from seeds I ordered online and those 4 look great. Im not taking chances and cutting them down.....this sucks!!:mad:

16. im growing in 18 5 gallon pots dwc i have 1800 watts my room climate is 76 f 50-60 humidity always rough 1300ppm co2 i am using the full tecna flora plant succes starter line with added voodoo juice and great white ph 6.0 please help
    Attached Thumbnails
    dwc plant leaf curling at tips need help

17. I'm pretty sure that the problems I was having was do to over fert. In DWC, I was burning at 700-800 ppm. doing better at 500 ppm.

18. I have had smooth sailing for years and then all the sudden after adding some suspect strains, everything progressively went worse. I've racked my brain and tried everything. So I thought. I am almost positive I have tmv, and or something very similar. And make sense. After a thrip attack all of my strains slowly started to take on the appearance of the new sick ones. I remove the suspect ones and moved on. After 6-8 months things started to become strange. No matter hat I tried after 7-14 days the strange pattern turns to a strange wilting. Not a wilt like a fungus causes. More like droopy with the newer growth taking a weird furn like appearence. Then the bleaching of older and lower. But it's different at bottom then top. Looks like ozone damage combined with every defficiency known to man. Root grow and water transpiration crawl to a hault. Then around week 3 they seem to go back to normal. Then week 5 happens, back to shit. Total bleaching and 1/2 harvests. Never seems the rot like in your pics. Although I can see how it make em vonerable to anything they would normally fend off. Like the wilts and othe lr fungus. Before this i thought I had seen every problem. As upset as I am I'm also releaved to think finally I may not be crazy. What do you think joe? It happens a little slower in soil but still happens. And the ebb and flow does what I spoke of earlier. Would love some input. All of tactics I use work fine at another place and the sudden change is too drastic to be off a few ppm. Or ph! Never been above 6.3 or below 5.7! And have 74-75 constant temp. And rh of 45-55. Plenty of ventilation. Co2 the works.

19. I'm sure now that mine did not have the virus. I bought the 35$ test from agdia, results negative. I believe that my issue was with some root rot in dwc, this made my girls look nute burnt at low low ppm levels.