Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV) pics and info

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by joe_fresh, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Why can't I see the pictures? I seel the placeholder but no pics. Can't open them in separate page either. I am a logged in member.

2. This some pretty helpful info.

Will flushing soil with 3x the pot volume of 130F water kill bugs and eggs? I'm thinking specifically about russet/broad mites but I bet it works on a lot of nasties if it does in fact work.

3. Started getting this discoloration and didnt think much of it until i started seeing new growth twisting please tell me this isnt a virus

Attached Files:

4. So it says in the article you can't get it from seed? so if I grow one plant from seed I most lily have nothing to worry about?

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

5. Some Seed Banks have inadevertantly sold TTMV infected seed, yet all but the least reputable will "pull suspected stock" and some go so far as warning if they have any indication from customers or suppliers. No matter where you obtain sed, cuttings or plants, always look for the initial signs/ Twisted mottled slowly yellowing fan leaves starting a few weeks into flower/ In veg stage the plant outgrows the virus. but when growth stops the viral effects accelerate to the point of devastation. There are tests available to be certain, and as devastating as this scourge is, it is always best to check if there is the dslightest doubt.

6. At this stage, its hard to tell. The best way is to isolate the plant and force it into flower. If you're not having all the lower fan yellow . brown and die in just days constantly speeding up, it is probably nut6e deficiency or pests. Or order a test kit.

7. #327 Thesa1nT, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017

8. #328 Thesa1nT, Apr 6, 2017

9. #329 Thesa1nT, Apr 6, 2017

10. Unfortunately, when this first appeared so many people thought it was an urban myth, and if infected seeds do in fact become carriers. Seed banks have detection now, so reliable banks are pretty safe...to be certain, get a test kit (strip per strain if multiple) test in veg, as signs don't show much until 4-6 weeks into flower...by then way too late. Trust me, it can be devastating. It's extremely important to be safe rather than sorry...GL...

11. Any idea what is going on here? I FIMED the plant a couple weeks ago. It's seems to be recovering from canoeing. It has these dark spots showing up now on the lower leaves and it's spreading fast. Over a 48 hour period it has spread to 5 different leaves. The leaf that is curling is hard to the touch but not crispy. I also noticed the lower smaller leaves are starting to yellow. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for the info as well!!

Attached Files:

12. #333 AKpermafrost, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    I have that in my grow room every once in a while and I don’t know what it is. I think it might be TMV sometimes. But my plants seem too healthy for it to be TMV. I’m
    Going to order the test strips and give em a try. What else can cause the mosaic pattern in the leaves?

13. I received my test kit yesterday. Pulled a big leaf that had the mosaic pattern on it and completed the test. Tested negative for TMV! :yay:I’m sure I will test my plants again later if and when I see more signs.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Needs calmag. I have this issue with my indicas..give them calmag and it goes away

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. IMG_1655.JPG IMG_1657.JPG
    What about this? Could this be TMV?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. #339 Dagrowa, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    Adding some more pics [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. i think i have it on mine. last grow with the same dna has twisted leaves and mosaic patterns

Attached Files: