Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tobacco-free blunts?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tokinsince2012, Apr 13, 2015.

1. So I love to smoke blunts. Well, I guess I should say i love how blunts smoke. If you roll them right and tight they burn super slow and it doesn't waste a lot of weed like joints do. Blunts are easier to roll, they burn more evenly, and they never go out unless you put it out yourself. The one thing that stops me from smoking them is the tobacco leaf. I absolutely hate tobacco, I don't understand why people use it, it makes me sick to my stomach even just smoking the wraps. What are my alternatives here? If there are any... I've heard of people using marijuana leaves to roll blunts and using resin to stick it down. I don't have any leaves, but it's something I want to try in the future. So what are my options?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Cheeto Jones, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
    All I could really suggest is finding some kind of specialty rolling papers that are super thick and designed to burn like a blunt.

I'm sure you can find people that make marijuana leafed blunts, but I'm pretty sure that involved grinding up leaves into a paste and whatnot that dries into something rollable.  I could be wrong, if someone actually makes marijuana leaved blunts feel free to chime in.

It just seems like way too much trouble.  If you like to roll but hate tobacco, find papers that smoke like blunts.

3. not saying I want to use the marijuana leaves as the alternative. I'm just saying it would be a cool new experience. Do smoke shops sell papers that smoke like blunts?

4. I've looked into this a little before as well. All the ideas I saw were: big/large rolling papers, fan leaves, or corn husks.

The last one seemed pretty strange to me, but it sounds like there are a lot of proponents out the for it.

Sounds like it could be a good niche market for some to get into :D

5. I've also looked into this as well . sadly , smoke shops only sell cigarette papers , hemp papers (like RAW) and blunt wraps (basically just the wrap , not rolled , without the tobacco) . if you find yourself a good head shop , they may have other options for you , or may even be able to point you in the right direction .

6. nope. nope nope nope.. not a blunt if it's not tobacco and until weeds legalized nothing new will probably pop up, or it's rare to

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

7. #7 Mid man, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
    1) Joints burn evenly if rolled right
    2) Joints don't go out if rolled right
    3) Joints burn slow if rolled right, but I would agree that blunts burn slower
    4) Not wanting to use tobacco paper because you want to jump on the anti tobacco stoner wagon is like being proud of yourself for ordering a diet coke with a big mac meal. Lol seriously blunt wraps contain very little nicotine, maybe your buying game cigars because those are really shitty. 

I would suggest you take 2 king size rolling papers and stick them together and roll from there.

But this seems like a lot of trouble to get slow burning wraps.. if your trying to conserve weed this isn't the way to go

8. Check out Amico's Palm Wraps. They are made of palm leaves and have a cork husk filter, and are available on GrassCity.com.

That's a really ignorant thing to say/believe. I smoked tobacco for 20+ years. I never want to smoke it again. It's got nothing to do with being anti-tobacco, it's like telling a heroin addict there's not much heroin in it so man up. Or here, this drink just has a little vodka to an alcoholic. There are a lot of reasons why someone wouldn't want nicotine or tobacco, most of them don't fall into your little idea of why.

10. There is a big difference between the addiction of heroin and tobacco. And an alcoholic would want more than just a little.

11. Wait, people put things other than weed into blunt wraps?

For the record, I'm not a blunt fan.  I remember the whole 'Phillies' thing taking off 30 or so years ago, and now I see all sorts of 'flavored' wraps in foil packets.  I find these repulsive, like the notion of sweet/syrupy booze drinks.   Pass, thanks.

Now this is actually helpful. Thank you, good sir or madam. I just wish they had unflavored ones... [​IMG]

It's really not that crazy to want to roll up a weed cigar without introducing tobacco into the mix. 

13. You are very welcome, [member='dekabos'].

The flavoring applied to these tubes isn't terribly strong. You'll notice it while smoking, but it won't overpower the flavor of what's placed inside of it. The one downside to the palm wraps is that the palm leaves, at least as they are used in this case, don't hold moisture very well. It's important to keep the unused tubes sealed in a plastic bag or they'll dry out and become brittle. I've had several fall apart while loading them in the past.

Aside from that easily avoidable problem, these palm tubes are nice. They have a neutral flavor (outside of the added flavoring,) and burn slowly. They tend to canoe a tiny bit if too dry, but proper storage will pretty much eliminate that from happening.

14. dude, I'm not hating on tobacco. If you smoke, cool. I just don't understand why people do it and it personally makes ME feel SICK. So I refuse to smoke it and that's the end of it.

15. ill look into it thanks :)

16. I'm really not trying to be rude, but you missed his point. He's saying that not everybody stops smoking tobacco just to jump on the "organic" band wagon. Some people just really don't like tobacco or feel that it'll hurt their body. Some actually care about the affects rather than being a follower, y'know? I know a lotta wiz fans stopped smoking blunts because of his beliefs, but OP just doesn't like tobacco.

~Smokey Bear Hates Me~

17. I lived in Guatemala for a bit and I used corn husks fairly regularly.  I kinda liked it!  I'd be hesitant to use grocery store corn unless you can find organic.

18. corn husks are awesome, I've used palm leaves that i think actually had too much moisture, but i was given the pretense that when they are dry they are very very dry... I also had made a friend while I was in ecuador that made his own wraps out of the inside of bananas that he would scrape out and form into the proper shape, and then let them dry out. anyways, good luck! I typically will just use an extra paper if i want something to burn slower though

19. I don't smoke joints because of how they smoke. They canoe easier. They burn quicker. I don't smoke blunts because of tobacco.

So real good topic OP. I know there are plenty of people like us out there, and someone's going to make a killing off of this in the future as legalization continues

20. be real giggle stick. It'll get you higher and burn slow I would make rolling papers out of hash if I could.