Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tobacco and Weed in a bong = Super harsh?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Beetrix, May 21, 2011.

1. I've been smoking bud for over five years and I never smoke joints. I only really smoke out of my vape or my bong so never had any experience with rolling joints. Anyway, I've always heard people rolling 'dutchies' (weed and tobacco) so I tried that today with a cigarette I found on my desk. As I packed my bowl I figured a ratio of 40% tobacco, and 60% weed would be good. I milked a medium sized toke, :bongin: , then inhaled the harshest smoke I've ever smoked.

Is my ratio bad? Is it just bad with bongs and big tokes? Or, does mixing bud with tobacco just suck?

Thanks.

2. You're pretty much right....tobacco is way harsher than weed :eek:

3. Yeah I smoke bowls and I was at a party last night and decided to take a few hits of a joint someone rolled up. Nastiest shit ever man... Sticking to bowls as much as I can

4. Well tobacco from a cigarette is not good. You want hand rolling tobacco if possible, as it will generally give a smoother hit.

But mixing doesn't fit everyone. I myself dislike mixing :)

5. Stick with just weed.

6. Id stick with just weed.

But if your determined to use tobacco just put a few strands tobacco in your snap. It will add a little flavor.

Only thing i add tobacco to is sometimes ill add just a pinch to my J's.

7. #7 Chrjz, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2011
    Those joints get called spliffs where I'm from.

People also call weed and tobacco in a bowl a popper or "P" and yes it is very harsh if you're not used to it. If the ratio is right and you inhale enough of the tobacco smoke you can get a pretty wicked nicotine rush (if you don't already smoke cigarettes).

I, personally, think it sucks.

8. If you like tobacco, do what you want. It's especially nice in hookahs, I know people who swear by cherry tobacco and ganj mixture.
    Personally, I don't wanna go near that shit, I stick to buddha.

9. Thanks everyone for your replies, lots of help! Also, I think I'm just going to stick to the green.

10. yeah the only time I ever mix is in a hookah. Otherwise its all green for me

11. y the hell would u even put tobacco in a pipe! thats just dumb as fuck! the tobacco in a spliff is just to help it burn better

12. Dear god no. Who the hell smokes like that?

13. i don't know about that ratio. it seems like too much tobacco. i love mixing my bud and tobacco every now and then. if i'm smoking from a bong though i pack my bud and then put some tobacco from a cigarette on top. i've never taken a hit that way and had it be too harsh but i've gotten plenty of good head-rushes from it.:bongin:

14. :ey:dutchies are blunts lol

atleast around here

15. #15 CoolVibes, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2011
    Tobacco is much better if mixed in a joint than a bong imo. like someone else said, hookahs are good too.They waste a lot though from what i hear.

edit: oops didn't read your whole post.. Learning how to roll would be worth it. Its good to lay back and light a fat j without the need of re-lighting a bowl.

16. yeah thats what i was gonna say but i wasnt sure if it was different in different areas
    I always called weed/ tobacco mixture a spliff. not a dutchie! lol

17. I used to be a big fan of dirt rips. Now I've fucked my lungs up and yes it is far harsher.