Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Toaster oven in cold causing impotent cannacaps?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BakedApple, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Tinfoil so it won't burn. Keeps some moisture in it

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2. I'll definitely try it on my next go. The links i followed before starting making caps didn't mention foil but it's definitely worth a try.

3. I started wrapping-covering with foil for decarb but gave it up a few years ago as an unneeded step.
    Make capsules-oil long enough and in large enough amounts and you start to strip things down to just what is absolutely needed and discard all the bits along the way that don't make any real change in the finished product.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. It's certainly your prerogative to continue wasting your money on primitive, outdated de-carb processes. Have fun and keep posting up those questions! :lmafoe:

5. [​IMG]

The most valuable part of my array of tools is the $2.41 stainless steel cat food dish.

Since I decarb a half gallon jar of rough ground weed at a time a Lyft is just another useless over priced kitchen gadget cluttering up the cupboards like so many of the countertop doohickeys I see sold as.
    "You must have this or your doing it all wrong"

My Old school methods get the job done just fine time after time after time.
    [​IMG]
    1000 caps per jar
    Somewhere in the range of 30,000 caps made and consumed. :)

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. I am in Michigan too! The tent Brass suggested seems like a good idea. It has been very windy now that winter finally hit.

I decarb inside in bulk so the smell happens about once a month instead of all the time. I prop open the door, turn on a fan and turn on a wax warmer. No complaints so far....but I do it around 2am since I am a night owl. I do cover the jar with foil, not really sure how much it helps with the smell though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I bet you’re loving this weather too then! Haha. Yeah I dont have to decarb often either. An ounce lasts me about 2 months - @ $50 per ounce that’s not bad at all! Fortunately for me, my issue isn’t pain related so I don’t have to dose as heavy as some ad honestly I don’t even worry that I may be considered a “lightweight”. Being a lightweight only matters when you’re a kid, as an adult having to afford stuff, it’s cooler to be a lightweight lmao.
    Thanks for bringing up that tent comment as well. I skimmed over it before but it seems like a solid idea.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Why You Should Decarboxylate Before Extracting?
    This gets into why an open air decarb is actually better then covering with foil as I long suspected but didn't have proof for.
    The water held in by the foil is actually hindering the Oil transfer later as it keeps the solvent (oil) from doing as complete an extraction as it would if the weed was drier in my understanding.

I know what works best but only from an empirical standpoint as I've experimented extensively. I lack the Hard Science side of things to tell you why it works like it does.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks by the way for the info. I really appreciate it