Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To Vermont MMJ patients

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by bronco, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Hi guys, next year I'm moving to Vermont. I've had Crohn's disease since I was a little kid, and I know Crohn's patients qualify for medical weed in states like California. Are Vermonts standards tighter? I read an article dated in 2002 that said that glaucoma and Crohn's were dropped from the list of diseases that qualify. Frankly this is bullshit. Weed has always been my second medicine, and it has always helped my stomach. I'm wondering if this is still the case as far as Vermont MJ laws are, any MMJ patients that could shed light on this?

2. MMJ in Vermont is not at all like Cali. It's pretty much limited to cancer and aids patients (and maybe a few other serious diseases).

That being said, Vermont has the most pot smokers in the nation (per capita) so you'll have no problem finding it. The laws are somewhat harsh here, but I can see it being decriminalized here soon.

3. Yeah, I think I'll probably run into some roadblocks but I'll try anyway. The Vermont MMJ page lists "severe nausea" as a qualification, which is essentially what Crohn's is, on top of being incurable. Thanks for the info.

4. I live in Burlington, VT and I have Crohn's and I treat it with cannabis. But not legally. The laws regarding mmj here are very confusing and it has so many restrictions on its usage. Far more than Cali. The reason I am not mmj legal is b/c I haven't tried and I doubt that I'll qualify. The key words in all the legislation seems to be "debilitating medical condition" and my Crohn's is not currently debilitating and has not been since I moved to VT.

Next time I visit my doctor I'll bring up the issue with him. I need to get an appointment actually...

This site has a good summation of the mmj policies here: ASA : Becoming a Patient in Vermont

5. Establish a good relationship w/ your new doctor. Be upfront about everything-What's worked for you in the past, what hasn't. If you are currently treating yourself w/ MMJ or not. MMJ vs traditional treatments etc. The more honest you are w/ your pcp, the less of an issue it will be to get your card. The link provided by WiseOwl is a great resource for MMJ in VT. Unfortunately there is still a gap in sourcing product and providing information to patients but that should soon enough change.

Make some friends when you get here...Welcome :)