To trim or not to trim ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jiaenz, May 16, 2016.

1. Hi there ! My plantd are 45 days old and im starting second week of flower today . Since yesterday ive placed a net to build a scrog . Ive done this because my plants are very bushy and not tall at all.. So the lower branches arent getting much light .. Should i trim the lower big fanleafs or just keep it like it is ?

Attached Files:

2. Once the net is full the lower stuff will barley get light and you will get little to no buds below the canopy.

The little nugs that do form will be only useful as trim ... but it's up to you

• Like Like x 1
  3. So what do you advise me ?

4. It's personal preference.

Some people will argue to trim the lower stuff becuase they takes nutes up from your top buds

Others will argue to not trim becuz you only cause stress to the plant but cutting it taking away the nutes for healing instead of buds...

Experiment yourself.

Trim one and leave one alone... see which one gives you more buds

• Like Like x 1
  5. Viking nailed it. I started with minimal pruning, but each grow I find myself getting more aggressive with good results. There's something about winding up with clean stalks and sexy giant buds at harvest time.

It also keeps from having to do a 1st and 2nd harvest which has both ups and downs.

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

6. I usually don't trim, and use the small nuts at the end of the grow for oil/budder.

But it's all personal preference.