To transplant or not

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by digger00, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Heres the situation... Made a soil blend, took a bag seed(sorry if this is the incorrect term) got the seed to crack, planted it into my soil,gave it lots of light, water and nutes and low and behold I have this huge plant. Its in a 3 gal pot, The roots are growing out the bottom of the pot do I transplant to bigger pot or leave it. I would like to cut some clones to see if it is a female, what are your suggestions??? Thanks for the input!!!:smoking:

2. If it's not flowering yet, transplant it. Give it a week or two more before flowering.

Taking clones won't let you know if it's a female. Will only get you clones.

3. I meant cut some clones grow them a little, flower to see if it is a female. Then if the mother is a girl (I can only hope). Transplant mother to bigger pot because roots are growing out the bottom. :smoke:

4. Well, I don't really know if this can be duno, but my guess is that you'll probably find the gender of the mom first, since it's already much nearer to flowering.

You'd have to veg. those clones for a month or so, before sexing.

It's up to you to try it. But i'd suggest taking those clones. 'cause if it's a fem., you already have them ready for the next go! ;)

5. I guess thats what I meant, before transplanting sex the mother ie taking some clones. :confused:

6. I think I might have misunderstood what you said :confused:

It's that cloning is simply chopping off some tips and re-planting them. This won't cause the mom to sex.

On the other hand, changing the light cycle to 12/12 will cause it to sex. (I think I'm ringht on this).

What I meant was that you sould take the clones before changing the light cycle. On the other hand, if you decide to sex first, you have one to two weeks to take those clones. Just remember that the hormonal changes that occur in your plant will prevent the clones from rooting if they are already too far in the flowering cycle.

7. If she's(sending u the vibes :)) a "monster" like u say,she should be showing pre-flowers.
    If the pre-flowers show female, then there u go:D! Cloneing would take atleast another month and a half before u know sex( Im guessing as Ive never cloned crap).