To train or not to train? That is the Question

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Angiev, Nov 6, 2019.

1. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg So these girls are about a month old and I've been waiting patiently to put my hands on them it's only my second time in the first one is still in the flowering process everything seems great right now but these are babies so I've been told and I read many different opinions but a better idea as I saw when I came on here to find the answer for my question was a picture of someone else is much smaller than mine who is training so hopefully I can post a couple pictures so maybe someone can tell me if I should or should not start

Attached Files:

2. There could be a lot of reasons that plant was smaller. Lighting, environment, strain, stress, the list goes on and on. Training done right will alway yeild more then not training the same plant

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Try different things. Mainlining, topping at different nodes and LST. What lights are they under? Pick one and remove all the big fan leaves. The growth at the nodes of the leaves u remove will grow up quicker

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I agree with @GrasscityGal ! You could definitely top those plants and then mainline/manifold them to get the kind of canopy you want! Here is some pictures of the last time I did this to one of my plants. The last picture is after I did the second topping 2 days ago!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Choo Choo

6. Hey Ang. This is my first medical grow and I wanted to test different techniques. I grew untill the 4th or fifth node. Then topped. I waited 3 days to recover even though they never showed signs of stress. Then I bent over and staked for 3 days to let the under growth catch up after topping. Good results as the plants are super bushy. Now the plan is let them stretch(top if necessary) untill i can pull branches down and "redneck mainline" till the width im looking for then strech a bit and continue LST for even canopy. Then I would switch at the height your planning for your space. Im told they double somtimes tripple depends on the strain. Hope this helps and please any experienced growers chime in. Im only talking about what ive learned from youtube and GrassCity to start and pick my style of growing. I still have alot to learn thats why were here to talk with GC friends. Stay medicated. Sorry for the light during documenting. ANYONE please chime in on your experiences and what our plants look like and advise.
    Thanks,
    Smokem 20191125_163551.jpg 20191125_163521.jpg 20191127_192831.jpg 20191129_194343.jpg 20191130_125833.jpg 20191204_062337.jpg 20191204_062354.jpg 20191203_172337.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Forgot to add to this forum. I germinated from seed starting Nov.1st at night.

8. How many watts ya running

9. 2 Spider Farmer SF-4000's. 457w actual. These lights are impressive. 20191215_163452.jpg

10. Here is an idea. This is a clone that has been growing for 6 weeks in veg. I’ve been training it in a way to maximize 6 main branches that will shoot colas evenly upward towards the light, so when I flip it to flower it should, by my theory, maximize cola size. Cheers!

Attached Files: