1. Win a Personalized Grasscity Stoner Kit! Subscribe to our Youtube for a chance to WIN!
    Dismiss Notice

To top the tallest cola or not?

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by Phyll, Nov 30, 2003.

1. I have three out of eight females growing taller and faster than the rest. It's week 5 of 12/12 using flo's. Is it a good idea to top the tallest ones or would it have a negative effect on rest of the buds on those three plants. If I top them down two nodes they'll be as tall as the rest in the pot. I want to give them all at least ten weeks. I was thinking of using a 150 HPS plus a few big compact flo's after topping them but I'm not 100% sure of what to expect except for a jump in my electric bill. What's the scoop on this?
  2. i dont think it would be such a good idea to top during flowering. that will not benefit you, you would destroy the main grow tip, of course it would force the bottom to grow out, but you lost a lot in return. add the 150 and extra compacts for flowering, you need more light anyways for healthy large budz, electricity should spike no more thn 8-10 bucks extra. :)
  3. Not as easy as it seems. The stalks are too thick to bend them over. I'll just let them go. What the hell. Thanks for the replies.

Grasscity Deals Near You