To top, or not to top?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Only Organic, Jul 20, 2016.

1. This is my first grow and I'm growing a quick one auto flower, it's just starting to develope it's 3rs set of true leaves and I would like to know if I should even bother topping, would it be beneficial? I don't know if I should bother playing with its natural form because of the fact that it reached maturity so quick, I would hate to top it, have it expend more energy than it should on branching and in effect end up with an even lower yield. Maybe someone with more experience can give me an in depth perspective!
    Thanks in advance'

2. Buy yourself a nice Ed Rosenthal book. Plant training is an art form. I would never top a plant so young. I would top a plant to hit a desired height (to keep it from being seen). Topping/prunning makes the plant bush out. Read about a few of the different prunning and training methods. This will also give you a better handle on when to top a plant.

3. hmm I'll check it out see what comes up, thanks for the referral.

4. #4 MultiTech, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Hey only. Great to hear you are starting on your first grow! Autos are great for the newby! Really pay attention to her growth habits thoroughly flowering so you can feel more comfortable handling your baby. You will come across all sorts of opinions and suggestions but it ultimately comes down to what you feel comfortable doing as you gain hands on experience. I just posted my current grow info on this same feed "My Techniques" is the title. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions. This run is not an auto so I am able to train more but the same goes with autos just a bit more finesse, IMO. :)
    Saludos

5. GOOGLE is your friend . if you could GOOGLE to find the forum you can GOOGLE to find grow info on line too..
    In fact there are grow guides on this site .

• Like Like x 1