To the more experienced smokers

Discussion in 'General' started by HerbsX, Mar 29, 2011.

1. I've been smoking for 2 years now (occasionally [1-2 times a week] with tons of t-breaks), and I can't really say it has slowed me down mentally, though I am still developing, which probably cancels out the whole slowing down process. I do tend to forget things more often then I use to (I never had that problem before), but that really doesn't matter to me enough to quit.

Considering this, I was wondering how I'd be after let's say 5 to 10 years of smoking when I'm done developing. I've read articles that smoking quickens the developing process, where people stop developing at an earlier age (mentally), which is a little frightening to me. Moreover, these articles say that after development, smoking makes processing information/remembering in general (long term as well) harder (after the high ends), and that the damage can be permanent, which again, is a little frightening to me.

These articles grant that the test subjects are chronic smokers, like people who smoke 2 or more times a day.

I don't really know if this is 100% legit though, and I'd like primary sources rather than what information my school gives me. So, to you experienced smokers(meaning that you have 10 years of smoking under your belt or you are 23 and up and have been smoking for a while), do you have any of these aforementioned problems?

2. You can find all the information you need from Erowid. Unbiased information btw. Happy tokin :bongin: