To The Doctor's Office

Discussion in 'General' started by Andeh420, May 12, 2008.

1. This was probably one of the stupidest / worst things i've ever done. A few day's ago my mother informed me that i would need a hepatitis b booster injection before i went to America since health care is alot more expensive in the states. The day finally came where i had to goto the doctors (i hate needles) im not really scared i just dont like the idea of some one sticking me with a needle and pumping me with small doses of hepatitis. My cousin and my best friend said they would take me , so before i went they pulled out a 13.5g skunky bud and started to roll 2 j's i wasnt hesitant to smoking before i went to the doctor at all so i did anyway (2 monster j's) i was walking up the stairs to the doctors office and i was trippin out sooooo bad. finally i get their and the assistant say's sit in the waiting room. So i sat chilling thinking about the huge needle just about to be jammed into me arm , i made it into the doctor's office and he looked through me files and told me not only did i need the hepatitis booster... but i also needed a tetanus shot. In my head i was just like yay this sucks dirty asshole , not any asshole like martha stewart asshole. The doctor just told me "Okay now take a deep breathe 1.....2...." BAM stuck in right into me on 2 , i mean he could have told me a number to be ready at , maybe the universal 3? how the fuck was i suppose to know he was going to do it on 2 , anyway i got shocked so i moved to the side and the needle tore the skin on my arm and blood started to gush. In the end i spazzed out and the doctor had to reschedule.

I guess the morale of this story was never smoke before u goto the doctor. Anyone else have similar incidents?

2. Or maybe someone needs to work over their fear of needles.

3. im sorry if i dont enjoy getting stabed and injected with small portions of the virus ur trying to prevent.

4. it really dosnt hurt at all.......

just close your eyes and like

itll prick you

then some burning

but then after less than 5 seconds its done

then u get a lollypop :D

5. Had to been more laxed nothing would've happened. A general rule of thumb is thinking with a negative outlook on something will most likely give you a negative reaction. Your body's going to react to what you're thinking, choose how it reacts.

6. i wish , my doctor didnt give me any munchies :[ and i know it doesnt hurt i just dont like knowing that im going to have a needle in me soon when im stoned ;/

7. I just look away and clench my jaw

By the way, anyone remember what Nicholas Cage had to do to himself with the needle in The Rock? That was fucked. I could never do that.

8. It was all caused by my mental status i know , but it still wasnt a fun and i just didnt have the greatest out come :[. And yes i would hate to be Nicholas Cage at that point in The Rock that most have sucked hardcore.

9. man up and get stabbed a little

you are going to have to get it in the end, so why struggle and make it harder along the way?

especially when its all worked up in your head, needles really aren't that bad

10. dude, she did it on 2 cuz u werent expecting it so u werent as tense

i've seen a doctor just start talking, stab with a needle and keep talking and the person didnt even know cuz their eyes were closed.
    next time i'd just turn and look the other way and relax your muscle so they can get to you're vein easier

11. im alot more sensitive to pain when im stoned , the tearing of my skin hurt a little but the actual needle going into me was just pressure that i wasnt ready for since i didnt know it was coming.

12. Countdowns seem stupid to me. Oh yeah, let's psychologically break down our patient by counting down to the moment they have anticipated sooo much.

When I see my doctors, they have never done anything this stupid. I just keep conversating, and I can see her get the needle ready and all, so when she gets closer I just look away - like many said - and just take the sting. At least it aint a bee, and you dont have a poisonous stinger left in there as a souvenir.

13. yeah a couple shots isnt shit, just look away
    one time tho, my buddy got sick with something, and everyday in the morning for a month he'd have to give himself a shot in the stomach

14. You didn't know it was coming? What were you at the doctors office for?

Honestly some people surprise me :rolleyes: The 2 on 3 trick is nothing new, you should have been prepared to be stabbed since before 1