to the christians who say wicca, and witchcraft are satanic...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Captainbasch420, May 19, 2011.

1. Jesus christ... was a wizard.
    jesus was wiccan.
    there i said it.
    explain to me how he can: heal people, turn water into wine, and rise from the dead, without being a wizard or a magic user.

this has always pissed me off.
    christians used to burn women even if they just suspected a womans a witch. "oh, a cat just walked by that womans home...... WITCH!!!!"
    and even today, christians condemn and bad mouth people who practice witchcraft and wicca.
    yet, jesus used more magic then any of the wiccans do today.
    i cant give a full explanation of wicca, cuz i do not fully understand it myself.
    but how i understand it, wiccans use the natural forces of the universe, wether it be for blessings, luck, protection, or something greater then that.
    but never anything like walking on water, and turning water into wine. oh and definately not rising from the dead(necromancy anyone?)

i believe ive made my point.

2. Blasphemy! lol

3. the pharisees in the bible actually kind of accused him of this very thing

he responded that he drives out demons by the power of god, and if he did it by their power, then the demons would be driving themselves out
    , and nothing can stand that fight itself

they believe wicca is satinic because westernized christianity believes that jesus christ is the only way to go, any other way or path on this earth is simply one of the devils tricks

that means Buddhist, Taoism, Hindu, Islam, Shinto , native american Shaminism, ect ect are all tools of the devil, yea i know kinda weird

In Wicca you are said to draw power from nature, and my one friend is a practicing wicca and she worshipes a goddess representing the Moon, but in Christian perspectives they believe these are demons on earth who desire power and come to earth and trick people into worshiping them by doing things for them, Magic

this is only a more fundamentalist veiw point but the masses tend to just go with the theory, if its not spelled with a Capital J, u, sus , its of the devil...

just their beliefs what ya gonna do

4. what i find funny about all this.
    is alot of the religions that they condemn,, actualy have their roots waaayyyyyy before christ was ever around. lol.
    which is why during the crusades, they destroyed all kinds of books and libraries that contained information about the worlds past.

i believe in what jesus was preaching. love.
    so it makes me sad that during during the course of the christian religion, millions have been slaughtered in his name.

5. there's wizards, and there's clerics. and there's fighters, and rogues.

6. sorry i am a history geek but you are thinking of the Mongol conquest in which the Librarys constructed during the Muslem Golden age were all destroyed, the Mongols were ruthless and did not give a shit about anything they took over, everywhere they went they mass murdered the men and raped the women to repopulate with their own people, they also dismantled the culture of the areas they took over with the exception of Chinese culture

the Crusades helped the west Re-learned alot of lost greek knowledge from taking alot of the books back with them, it is one of the main causes of the Renaissance

7. #7 That0neguy01, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2011
    Moron. Christ was able to make miracles happen because hes a God. how simple minded do you have to be to comprehend that? I normally am fine with other peoples opinions but you said it so ignorantly and moronically that i just had to show you what common sense is. He was a freakin God. Need i say more?

and ive lived in third world countries where witchcraft was right next door to me, i have first hand experience in that and i can tell you my friend, its about as satanic as it gets. Go ahead and disagree, hate, troll, whatever gets it out of your system.

I'm not gonna come back to this thread, i have better things to do with my time than to fight internet trolls.
    OR, you can be the first atheist to take constructive criticism for once from someone who knows more than you. Which would be highly unexpected.

8. ....huh
    then where did i hear that that was the crusades? lol
    oh well =P
    the crusades still arent funny buisness. lol.

9. #9 Captainbasch420, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011

third world country? are you sure your not talking about voodoo? or the occult? cuz theirs a difference between wicca and the occult.
    cuz wicca(witchcraft) is nature based.
    where as the occult, is actually satanic.
    and how is it common sense to assume a mortal man is a god?
    with this logic, criss angel is a god.
    but even if he is a god, he still used magic.

10. I think the reference is to the destruction of the Library in Alexandria.

eHistory.com: The Burning of the Library of Alexandria

11. #11 1Trismegistus1, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    LMAO Jesus was not a wiccan. Wiccan is a bastardized form of paganism. Jesus was a Master, that's why he could heal, because he understood the occult mechanics of the Universe and how to operate them, and then at the baptism he became Jesus the Christ, not the same soul, and was essentially the highest form of Spirit incarnated in 1 being, the same as Krishna.

People think Jesus was the only person in history to ever perform miracles, yet the bible itself states the disciples could heal as well, it's because he taught them the Divine Science.

Yes, Jesus did use "Magic", or rather what he did is called Thaumaturgy, which is using the occult mechanics to create physical phenomena. Magic comes from Magi, it means the Wise Arts, and hence Magi=wise man, hence one who knows the underlying mysteries. Wiccans have the smallest clue as to how thaumaturgy is performed, and hence why there are no great Wicca masters. Now that the term magic has been bastardized to mean tricks, the Wise Arts are known as Hermetic Science and their practice is called Theurgy.

12. jesus was a kabbalist ;)

13. maybe Jesus was a magician/illusionist?

14. lol ill admit, when i said he was wiccan, i did it as a joke, but i was still saying what he did was magic.
    BUT what you said(thaumaturgy) would be considered magic by todays standards.
    either way, touche'.

15. #15 1Trismegistus1, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    I just don't like the term Magic because of what people associate it with. If this was ancient times I could call myself a magician (well a neophyte magician) and be respected, if I said it today people would ask me to show a card trick or something stupid, and so I say I'm a theurgist, and even at that I don't say that unless it is someone who has the right mind set, if not I'll just say "I meditate".

Magic in it's true form is no different than Yoga, it's the western way to God Union/Henosis and Gnosis, "true knowledge". I'm an aletheias, a lover and seeker of truth.

edit: let me rephrase, it's different than Yoga in some of it's methods, but it's aim is the same.

16. #16 Captainbasch420, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I understand what your saying.
    I dont consider card tricks and what not magic. I consider that stuff illusions.

I cant really explai what i consider "magic".
    But it seems to be in the same ballpark as you. Lol

17. Name one wiccan who can heal people or turn water into wine.
    Wiccan magic is just teenagers sitting around a candle and saying a fancy prayer, nothing more.

The occult is an estaablished tradition of practices, paradigms and theories ranging from the classical world up to relativley modern day. No more satanic than you or I.

Wicca is an amalgation of various Pagan belief structures made by gerald gardner (spellcheck?) around 60 years ago, with help and inspiration from aleister crowley (but occultists are satanic, right).

You're aware than Satanism is basically theatricized, self-involved atheism?

18. Just out of interest have you read the Satanic Bible?

19. LeVay's?
    Yes, it's misunderstood, theatricized Nietzschan philosophy.

20. #20 1Trismegistus1, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2011
    The Satanic bible and satanism are a joke, why not just call yourselves atheistic hedonists, that's all the philosophy is. Theistic satanism is no better, worse even.

edit: and whoever said occultism is satanic hasn't the slightest clue what occultism is besides what they've been told. The vast majority of occult works deal with the mechanics of God and how to realize them and realize God.