To Stoners in soon to be legalized states

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by bongsin, Nov 7, 2012.

1. #1 bongsin, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
    Please dont exercise your possible new rights publicly, if you want any chance of keeping the amendments, if the public sees smoking they will not want it around or to smell it etc they probably only voted yes because medical has worked just fine and is mostly behind the scenes. They expect it to stay that way for the most part. i expect obama to have some sort of response to it also

2. well there are probably going rules similar to alcohol like no public usage and stuff like that

also has anyone thought about whats going with weed in these legalized states?
    Is weed going to end up like tobacco? with a bunch of chemicals and other stuff in it.

3. No doubt... best behavior lads. Don't fuck it up for the rest of us...

-Loki

4. Some of it, probably. But remember, with alcohol and tobacco, you have choices between the cheap commercial stuff and somewhat more expensive organic varieties. I expect that you'll see the $50/ounce generic, heavily processed weed just a few shelves away from the $100-$300/ounce "organic micro-farm boutique" varieties.

5. Discreetness? Yeah right! If I were in colorado i'd be riding around smokin J's on one of these bad boys in an uncle sam costume.

[​IMG]

6. [quote name='"Henry Krinkle"']Discreetness? Yeah right! If I were in colorado i'd be riding around smokin J's on one of these bad boys in an uncle sam costume.

[/quote]

A fucken penny farthing

7. I don't think weed will end up like tobacco any time soon
    1. the companies are going to be to small to institute policies to put stuff in it and be able to survive.
    2. stoners and hippies actually care about their weed besides the thc
    3. it would ruin the safety of weed and could lead back to prohibition

8. i feel like this is a dumb question, but i'm having trouble processing that weed is legal in colorado right now.... so if i wanted to just start growing a plant in my kitchen window... that would be a-okay-no problems?

I just get this feeling a cop is going to knock on my door and say "APRIL FOOLS, THAT'S A FELONY PAL"

9. Well it's technically still illegal. I'm pretty sure were only allowed to smoke in private as well

10. i live in CO and im happy, I keep my smoking private..
    im anxious to see what happens in the coming years...

11. The state should assert that exposure to second-hand smoke from weed could be a valid argument for assault charges.

12. I ripped on bong after reading this and didnt understand .. after re reading 3 times I understood and saw the photo and almost shit my self of laughter :D:smoking:

13. Public marijuana consumption is still illegal in those states guys. You can get arrested.

14. I'd say, as a rule, until you find out otherwise, treat it like you would alcohol. Walking through town with a blunt is just as obnoxious (and illegal) as doing so with a 40.
    Stay classy, GC!

15. Unfortunately after the news came out it had passed there were several people walking the streets with it in the open, the only time it was concealed is when the police were in the vicinity. Hopefully this was only in celebration the first night and this wont be a common occurence. Obama is going to sue Colorado federally to prevent this, but this is what we've wanted, our day in court to show the facts to the world.

16. The only place you're likely to see people smoking in public is in Boulder, but considering that's been happening for years I don't think that will cause any problems.

We're likely to see harsher laws regarding public use in the near future, similar to those about drinking in public. Will you get busted for going up to the mountains and enjoying a joint on a hike? Most likely not, but we will not be seeing people walking down the streets of Denver smoking a bowl.

17. Can't wait to see what pops out of the can of worms that has been opened. California was smart to let another state deal with the drama of the Feds before we join in. I see the future of Mj treated a lot like alcohol but would medical be treated any different that recreational? Who knows what will happen but we are in for a ride.

18. the state says its ok but the federal government does not so they could still enforce it and punish you if they want I believe.

19. Lmao I can just see priest's and teachers & stuff calling 911 when people start to smoke publicly.