To soon?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheNameOfNames, Feb 20, 2017.

1. So my plant is almost two weeks old and her roots were comming out of her old pot so I decided to go ahead and transplant her into a 70% ffof and 30% perlite in a 1 gal pot but it's still a very little plant so I'm expecting bad nutrient burns [​IMG] any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. How big was the old pot? Your main stem doesn't look nearly thick enough for it to be root bound. Why are you expecting bad nute burn? Ocean forest has always been fine for me. I prefer happy frog but OF is fine.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

3. It'll be fine. If worried in the future (with ffof), flush the soil that you'll be using before planting/transplanting.

4. It was a little bigger then say a solo cup around that size but the roots were about half and inch out of the drain holes and I'm expecting burns Bc of has a lot of nutes in it and my plant is still very small

5. FFOF shouldn't do any harm, but I would get some dolomite lime or cal mag and add that to the soil asap. FFOF lacks that one thing. Mine is in FFOF now and it's having no issue. It has been in that soil since germination. No burn just cal mag def.

6. What soil was it in before? Roots coming out of the drainage holes is normal and doesn't mean it's root bound. Roots will get to the bottom of the pot within a couple of days

7. Oh damn okay and they were in a 80% peat moss 20% perlite now it's in a 70% ffof 30% perlite you think it will be okay or did I fuck this one up?

8. Okay I have cal mag getting shipped to me now it's 9-3-6 I was gonna start her off with 1/2 Table spoon a gallon

9. It'll live if you take care of it.

Some people grow from seeds in ffof. Mixing perlite with it beforehand was also the right thing to do. I'd say just let it be and keep an eye on it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you for the feedback it's much appreciated!

11. Can you link to what you bought ?

12. That's what I thought lol
    Too soon for nutes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. When should I start using them? Late veg early flower?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/url

14. Good choice. You haven't fucked anything up, it will probably be fine. Make sure you allow the soil to properly dry out before you water but when you do, put plenty in so you get some run through and out. This will weaken the concentration of nutrients a little bit. But don't worry, I have seen people use ffof to start seeds and usually its fine

Once some of the tips of the leaves have reached out past the rim of the pot you can start adding nutes or transplant to a bigger pot

15. Alright thanks again you have commented on a few of my post and you are helping me a lot thank you!

• Like Like x 1