To soon for LST?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yomomma, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Hi ive been searching in the forum about LST and just needed to be sure if this plant is ready for it.

whadaya think, should i start LST on it?

Attached Files:

2. Yes, you can LST that plant. You may also want to think about getting the light a little closer to it. That plant should not be as tall as it is yet. It is stretched to hell.

What type of light are you using?

3. I have five and this is the tallest of the lot, i am using 2 compact fluorescent lamps that are about 5cm from their tops.

4. wtf..... it shouldn't look like that if the lights are that close ..... if i were you i would fem that biatch and put 1 light at the top and the other four on the sides to get your side growth started

5. 5 plants and 2 cfls explains alot..

6. ROFL how far away are your lights?

7. Hmmmm.. i guess more lights are in order. Back to the question about LST though, a second opinion would be nice.

8. The matter of more light we don't know, You just need to keep your light closer is all, that's why it is so tall.

Mine has the same amount of nides but is only 2" tall. :)

Move your light closer.

9. and you need a fan on them babies once that thing starts budding its going to topple over if you don't get that baby stronger........ of course if your going the LST route it should strengthen its self just remember you want the top below your bottom node which is pretty far down there ohhhhhhhhhh one more thing........ i would top of FEM that baby quick

10. i understand TOP but cant seem to find he meaning of FEM did you mean FIM? and if so cant i LST and TOP on the same plant? Is there any use for that?

11. yeah sorry FIM ..... haha i'm so used to just saying Fem it comes out that way FIM is what I ment heres a good pic of a FIM'd plant i'm still learning it but i think its turning out pretty good.......

see how the bottom branches are streching up to the top for an even canopy... this plant is only 23 days old & 6 in. tall

[​IMG]

If you have any other questions about it just ask me or i suggest you PM NexXxes (sp.) or DeirWolf (sp.) [sorry if i messed up their names]

12. Nice looking plant comedyKills, thanks for the pic and info :D

13. PM'ing kind of defeats the purpose of the board doesn't it? I would suggest that you just ask your questions in your thread so that everyone can learn from them. That is the point of a community like this.

Let's see some updated pics. Did you fix your stretching problem? Did you get a fan? Did you LST or FIM or TOP?

Good luck with your grow!

14. whats the wattage on your fluoro's? That might be the issue too.

And yeah, she is looking a lil flimsy. Any updated pics yet?

15. you need more lights and ya lst is fine from what i have been reading.

16. well heres the update Banginstang. I can safetly say i &$%# UP! Check out this thread for the details http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=83625

the pictures with the wilting plant is the same one as in the image above ditto on the images with the roots

will start on a new batch of seeds tmrw, will be sure to read more about growing MJ so it doesnt happen a second time

17. comedy kills.... that plant hasnt been fimmed..thats topping.you see the way the growth from the main stem has completley stopped and the branches closest to the top have taken over? maybe im looking at it wrong but im not sure. this is what my fimming looked like. p.s this is what my plant looked like 1 week after fimming. yo momma, if your looking to FIM, open up the two smallest fan leaves you can. inside you will see a small clump of under-developed leaves,with a sharp scissors, snip this clump in half. simple as. hope this helps. :)

Attached Files:

18. thats because i'm training the shit out of that plant i want those bottom branches at the top and yes i'm halfing the new growth actually about 3/4 till i can see the growth point of the new leaves and once those f-up leaves grow in i cut them off ........ but to each his own that plant actually has 3 new branches cumming off the top which i'm going to be topping