Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To smoke, or not to smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mous, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Hey all,

So here's the deal. I quit smoking about 6 weeks ago so that I could find a new job in my actually field (been working in retail, awful).

Well, I actually found THE perfect job. Full-time, full benefits, M-F, 9-5. Went through two interviews (both over an hour long), sat with HR, and have already signed a contract. I start next week, and was going to wait til next Friday to start smoking again, kinda as a celebration.

Now, no where along the way did I have to take a drug test... which is good because I am not 100% sure if I would have passed (I more than likely would have), and I was waiting til next Friday to, in case they were to test me on my first day of work or something...

I am sick as a dog today and am thinking some soup, grilled cheese, nyquil and a smoke will be a perfect cure.

Given all the time/resources they have put into hiring me, I suppose they would've tested me before making such an investment, no? Am I good to smoke, or should I wait? ><

2. Wait till your actually working man dont risk any surprises.

3. risk>reward
    don't do it

4. Id wait until your sure you wont get a test, don't blow your chance with this job.

5. ya I would wait too. And congratulations on finding a job:D.

6. Yeah. I guess I will go with my initial plan and wait. I picked up last week and haven't even been tempted to smoke-- until I woke up this morning sick as a dog.

Oh well-- the soup and Nyquil will have to do. I really don't want to blow this job. *sulks away to cook*

7. Yeah man Ive been job hunting for 2 months now and I cry tears of joy just for getting an interview with this economy, dont blow it.

8. i know the feeling... let us know if u get tested or not lol

9. Thank you!

Yeah. I lucked the fuck out. It was the first job I applied to, and it is walking distance from the neighborhood I have been wanting to move to for a year.

Good luck with your hunt, I hope you find something soon!

10. Don't do it man.

It would suck for you to wake up from a night of flying to a pee cup.

Enjoy the job and blaze on.

11. Don't smoke, the job is more important man. Get some nyquill, Vick's, pop a few ibuprofen, and buy a pack of smokes to satisfy the urge to smoke in the mean time man.