Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To smoke or not to smoke... That is the question.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by hellomoto1985, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Seeing as I only smoke about .5g per day on average, and it takes about the same amount per dosage per person when made into an edible, what then would the benefit be to smoke it instead of just making edibles? I know the high is a bit different and you don't have that wonderful smell to fill the room, but other than that, I don't really see any reason why everyone shouldn't just start baking with it instead of smoking.

That'd for sure fix problems people have with their respiratory system, but can there be problems with interal organs like your kidneys if you eat too much or too often?

2. Its a lot of extra work to bake something to get high. If it was as easy as loading some bowls and gettin stoned than I'd probably have edibles just as often as I smoke now.

As for organ problems I have no idea.

3. As far as I've read (and I've read a lot) its incredibly good for your insides when you eat it. If you ate too much raw plant material it might be difficult for your body to digest but .5 a day shouldn't even be noticeable.

I'm a huge advocate of edibles and couldn't agree more with you. I like the high more anyway, I feel less like a retard. I get drug tested randomly for work but I make edibles here and there anyway. When I get a real job (career) hopefully it doesn't drug test...and then I'll be making edibles for everyday use like you're talking about. I'll have a bong for socializing but I'd probably never use it.

4. Ya you could there is def a different high ya know but sometimes its just easier to blaze :) and smoking is just pure fun the smell the taste and of course smoke rings! If your really concerned about your health then edibles is the healthiest way even better than vaping. Of course then you could just get a vape. Kinda the middle road between edibles and smoking! o and sorry im blazed.

5. Make edibles my man, its totally worth it if you do everything right and have the right supplies to make it super easy. For my process I use Coconut oil and decarb for 20 on 220, add lecithin, crockpot for 12hours, cheesecloth to strain, wait for cool down. I usually smoke about 1.5 daily and when I make edibles I dont even have to urge to smoke at all that day. Also if you concentrate it you wont have to always be eating something and thats why some people just do the coconut oil method and put them in capsules

6. How difficult are the capsules to fill and how hard is it to make the coconut oil?

7. Capsules can be messy but are not "difficult" really.

Coconut oil is incredibly easy to make. An hour with an oven and you can make enough coconut oil to last a month. (I'd give it more like 5 hours, but point is, it's easy.)

8. I use coconut oil for my edibles also. Instead of capsules I just take a teaspoon full of it. Easier and less messy. Plus the taste is OK.

9. [quote name='"Ingjr"']I use coconut oil for my edibles also. Instead of capsules I just take a teaspoon full of it. Easier and less messy. Plus the taste is OK.[/quote]

I do this too. If I were living alone and discretion wasn't necessary, I might do capsules...but they're best stored in a fridge or freezer from what I've heard and I don't have a place for that.

I just make a single serving in a shot glass and take it as a shot when it cools a bit or mix it with something or spread it on toast. Haha. Easy and you conveniently don't smell like weed all day which is a perk.

10. I am a fairly heavy smoker probably 2g per day - I have tried eating on several occasions and just don't get it? I am guessing I need to eat a bigger brownie?

Also - who bakes with the raw material verses butter\oil? I remember old school brownies that were ground plant not butter. Just curious

11. Well it's a lot of work right now, but that's just because the availability of bud isn't what it could be and it's illegality.

It's actually pretty simple to make. I followed hashmouf's recipe, with first decarbing my weed and I tested the budder tonight for the first time in some shrimp fried rice I made. I tasted 0% of the weed butter, awesome flavor, and I'm flying.

Edible pros and cons
    Pros
    - High lasts longer
    - Healthier
    - No smelling like weed all the time (if around family/friends that don't smoke)
    - Can use any of the thousands of recipes that call for butter or oil, so it can add variety to getting high.
    - Allows you to give your lungs a break if you are having problems breathing
    - Shatters the stereotype of the typical pot smoker, as you are actually taking time and making something with it than just loading a bowl.

Cons
    - Possibly a bit more expensive to make edibles than to smoke
    - Not as easy as loading a bowl of weed and smoking it

Anymore pros/cons?

12. So how does the high differ between edibles vs smoking? Same chemical in either scenario so why would one method produce a different high over the other?

13. It is a different high, but IMO it's better. For new smokers, I would suggest a dose that contains .5 grams in it. 1 gram will get you blazed for 5+ hours.

I'm not too sure if there's a difference if you use indica versus sativa in edibles, but both get me fucked up. Both indicas and sativas have THC crystals so either should work.