Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To share or not to share?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Newkid20, Jun 20, 2010.

1. So, this is really going to sound like a dick rant. I'm really gonna try to be nice about it, but it's still probably going to sound like I'm a stuck up ass wipe, so please before you comment try to see it from my perspective.

I just started smoking MJ, and (obviously) I love the stuff. I don't smoke often - hell, an 1/8 lasts me like 2-3 weeks. Plus, (this is the dickish part) I have the money to do it pretty much whenever I want. Anyways I have a really good friend who likes the stuff too... But he always wants to smoke my stuff. And not pay. Ever. I enjoy smoking with him - I really do. He's a good friend of mine. But he doesn't have very much cash - which isn't a problem, but it's annoying how he'll basically just smoke me out almost every time. There have been a few times where he's brought stuff, but it's never much and then he just bugs me to get mine.

So what do I do GC? Ask him to bring his own? I don't mind sharing sometimes but damn... I like to have a stash to fall back on.

2. Well, if you're rich and he's poor, then it's cool that you're smoking him out, it's all about the love of the high, right?

To answer your question though, it's over the line as soon as he starts expecting you to smoke him out. Generosity is great, but he shouldn't expect you to take care of him, regardless of your economic situation.

Approach it if it's bugging you, or it will eventually compromise your friendship if you let it.

And that should be more important overall.

3. If it really bothers you than confront him and tell him how you feel. Look at it from his perspective too though. Get stoned and put yourself in his shoes so that you know his situation better.

4. What's up Holden Caulfield?

5. A similar situation happened to me...though i most likely don't have as much $$ you do. just confront him...the longer it goes on the worse it gets and the more pissed you get. better to just take care of it before it gets worse. if hes your friend then im sure he will understand or be willing to work somethin out...:smoking:

6. Hahahahhahah I bet he doesn't like phony people :laughing:

7. Best!

8. If it's getting to you that much, talk to him.
    Personally, I always share my shit. Whether it's with my brother, sister, or friend. Because let's say I'm dry they'll smoke me up so it's even. And either way I always share with my bro because I don't like smoking alone.

9. If you think he should be contributing tell him, and if hes a good friend he will either
    a. agree and continue smoking with you, and matching or giving you some cash

b. tell you he cant get the cash, but he will hit you up when he gets paid.

if hes a disposable friend he will say anything but those 2 things.

Also +rep for catcher in the rye reference LOL

10. Just politely let him know that you chose to set a limit on how much you will smoke when you do chose to smoke some even when he comes over and that you dont mind sharing but that your not going to smoke it all up that your going to save some for another time.

11. Dude if he can't afford it and your not bad on cash i would just smoke him out. I am in a better position money wise than a few of my friends and i never mind smoking them out.
    Spread the love man and don't become a slave to the capitalist society.

12. I know what you mean man. I bought an o and since then a few of my friends pretty much stopped throwing down with me. I think the mentality is "fuck it hes got plenty". Honestly it doesnt bother me too much but it does get annoying. However, when they smoke my shit they do seem truly appreciative and recognize how cool I am being so I just roll with it. If it really does bother you though you can say something like you are trying to ration your weed so that you dont smoke too much bc your grades are dropping or youre running out of cash or some shit. Ration it out into individual containers and say you cant smoke more at one time than one container.

13. Fuck sharing. Everyone should contribute an equal amount of weed, money or troubles into smoking.

14. Just tell him to suck your dick a couple times a week if he wants to smoke with you. Problem solved :)

15. :laughing:

16. Not everyone is rich, but he should be contributing whatever he can. Be it matching you, or providing a safe place to smoke, munchies, or even smoking you out whenver he can afford it.

It would be understandable if he at least tried. But if he's not trying, he's taking advantage. I'd talk to him about it man.

17. Everyone who says they would smoke him up still probably really wouldn't if they actually were in your shoes to be honest.

18. If you're working for the money, or you'll have to pay it eventually (loans), then I say keep a stash for you, and a modest stash for when he's with you. Not enough to get you both high, so that he has to chip in, or else let him pay you back later. He might not, but if tangible debt is building, then you have reasonable grounds to deny him.

If it is your parents' money, then you're mooching just as much as him, right? So your frustration is misguided at that point..

Personally, I like to be giving of my weed. It's a loving and carefree way to be. I also found a sweet gig writing how-to articles online that WAY overpays, and not everyone has opportunities fall into their lap like that. Prepare yourself with the perspective that you want to provide for a guy who is troubled with money before he visits. Then you are offering, he isn't asking.

19. dude your sig is way to big you need to change it

20. Blunts right but share the wealth man if he cant afford it and hes a good friend go for it but when he does expect it like someone before said you gotta set him straight.