Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To Seasoned Tokers or smart people

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BroughtFromHome, Mar 7, 2014.

1. So if you smoke weed for like 30+ years or something, does it really have any negative effects (sorry if it's supposed to be "affect")? I've heard weed kills brain cells, which obviously isn't noticeable if you take one hit of weed, but what about smoking Weed for your whole life? I'm sure this has been asked a lot, I just want to know.

2. im sure you will be just fine, after all our brain is the sole decider for our choices. 

3. I've smoked for more than 40 years, not record-breaking amounts, but I think I'm doing OK.  

4. #4 AuhMayZing, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
    I hope this is a troll post.

if not, no - weed does not kill brain cells. This came from the theory done during the mid-ish 70's.
    What happened was that scientists tested a very large amount of marijuana on monkeys via a gas mask.
    After 50 days or so, the monkeys started to die and it was declared that marijuana kills brain cells. It wasn't
    until years later they shared how they did the experiment, little did we know that they didn't provide oxygen in between
    all that smoke. After about a minute without oxygen, brain cells start to die. So the [monkeys] didn't actually die from
    marijuana, it was the asphyxiation. 

5. i hope when im old as hell ill just be blazed as fuck for the rest of my life because of all the weed i smoked

6. Most people I know that have smoked for 20+ years they grow and have a couple medical problems and that's why they smoke.

Eyes like Mr.Miyagi

7. Look at cheech and chong, both very healthy. Tommy talks a bit slow but he's over 70 so that's like 60+ years of smoking

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. been smoking for years and the only negative side affect i have seen is ......wait...what?

haha, no im just messing around man, i havnt seen any negative affects at all.

if anything it has helped me lead a better life, make better decisions, &  treat people better

9. #10 Dr. Errl Hammond- B.H.O., Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
    Chong talked slow in his 30's....like ...really was Faarrrr oooout there man..  lol

(I apologize for the less than accurate chong impersonation above)

10. Weed doesn't kill brain cells, that's a lie propagated by the government. The only thing it does to the brain is if your brain is still developing and you smoke a lot, it can affect that. But if you're already an adult, smoke away. And you used the correct "effect" by the way :)

11. Affect=verb
    Effect=noun

Now that we got our English lesson for the day out of the way...

THC and CBD work synergistically to not only not kill any brain cells, but actually protect them. It is actually known to be a neuro protectant. They do kill tumor cells through a process known as "programmed cell death."

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. The impersonation is fine.  I'm sure you realize it's just a colorful parody of the stereotypical stoner not the way he talks in real life. 

13. This was a fully serious question. I've just heard about it and wanted an answer.

14. Thanks so much for clearing up the affect/effect thing

15. Dont have time to reply to all posts right now, but thanks a lot guys.

16. My neighbors 74th birthday is coming up and the dudes been smoking pretty much since his twenties, still a sharp intellect. The mans got his senior moments but who wouldn't.