To scrog or not to scrog

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by TruBushDr, Feb 11, 2016.

1. I have a 4x4 tent w a 1k xl air cooled hood ehausted w phresh scrubber, and have //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160211/a8464cff52c6b784c1e68a9b03997d2a.jpg 1455175460340.jpg have a deathstar 3 days in flower. She is in dwc and I use Rx Nutrients and buddhas tree. She's healthy as can be and I initially training her to scrog her out. I have a descent canopy, but now I'm lost as to what I keep and flatten her out etc etc HELP!!!! 1455175223972.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. 1455175522427.jpg
    Before I go and train her for the nite.

3. 1455175570347.jpg
    After I train her. As u csn see I have a nice canopy started. And normally I just let her bush out. But I knw I can do better gpw if I scrog her. So any body please do help. She's a stretcher so I have a little window to get her done rite!

4. Put a screen right at the top of you canopy. Every time a top is far enough above to be pulled under and moved to a different location lowering its height move it. The key is having all tops even when you decide to let them go and not pull under any more.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455177943.046486.jpg
    This one was in flower in this pic. This strain stretches for about 2 weeks and I like my tops to be about 4-5 inches above the screen, completely even, when I see the first flowers.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455178102.808567.jpg
    This is 3 separate plants but see hot I try for even.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455178195.657065.jpg
    They won't stretch much after flowers appear, but you can see they have had some vertical growth but have begun to fill out. They will be fat and juicy by the end.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455178352.858059.jpg
    It is possible to have the screen too full and it goes crazy when you let it go. You can get a jungle like this:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455178480.570290.jpg
    Which can give you a few of these:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455178510.788111.jpg
    But you will also have a bunch of larfy bud.

5. Niiiiiice

I hope it all works out. It's gonna be a nice try that's for sure

6. It will work out. You might not maximize your screen for a couple cycles till you get a feel for it, but your yields will improve immediately. Keep posting pics as you go along, there are lots of experienced growers in here who will help out.

7. you prob dont want to start your scrog once into flower. prob best to take advantage of the scrog through out the veg stage. then flower once your screen has been filled up. this way you will create more bud sites. anyway your plants look great but i think the screen would just be a support at this point but im know expert. here is a shot of my scrog still in veg... 1455218160198.jpg

8. Mine look similar to yours when they go into flower and I fill the screen during the stretch. Respectfully disagree with previous post. Like I say, you may not completely fill a screen, but you will boost your yield.

9. You have a nice even canopy, put a screen and squish the tops slightly then pull the tops through so they are not crushed by the wire.

10. tomass2373 do you veg and then put the screen on only after you flip? so you fill in the screen basically only durinfh the stretch?
    during

11. I veg in a separate tent and use lst on clones and top my seed started plats at the 5th set of leaves. I used to just super crop my canopy to keep it even until I move to the flower tent and fill the screen from there. I have had no problems filling my screen completely. In fact I usually fight to keep it down. I know my plants will at least double in size once they go into the flower tent so that is how I judge.

12. I'd say too late to scrog. I train them under the net in veg til its 75% full then flip. I think all you'd be doin is puttin a net above your flowering plants. That's just my thought. They look nice though. You could still LST.