To popcorn, or not to popcorn..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Numbnutts, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Hey blades I see alot of people asking about removing popcorns....i wont ever again and heres some popcorn shots to show you why..

I just dont see why wed wanna toss these..

Attached Files:

2. I like to use them for edibles
    Mmmmmm

3. hash is some good shit

4. To popcorn!! Only popcorn has stayed from my previous harvest and oh boy, it does make me feel high for sure!!(i have it curing for 3 months too,this could be the case):smoke:. There are techniques to not have any popcorn(like lolipopping i think)but if you don't train your babies(like me)popcorn is absolutely fine IMHO.

5. theoretically, couldn't you leave the popcorn buds on the plant after harvest and let them grow for a couple more weeks until they're more developed and ready for harvest?

6. [quote name='"anonymous911"']theoretically, couldn't you leave the popcorn buds on the plant after harvest and let them grow for a couple more weeks until they're more developed and ready for harvest?[/quote]

It's not unheard of, I leave the lower buds on my plants so the trichs can ripen a bit more.

7. Agreed man. Waste not want not and all that stuff. They look like nice lil buds.

8. I love popcorn:)

9. Hey numbnuts, What's happening man?
    Caught your thread this morning. And a good question indeed. Popcorn is 50% of my crops. All the young fellas want what I call 'bragger buds' to show off. Unfortunatley thats only the top 25% of my harvest.
    What I do is to strip all my leaves off that don't have crystal on them for the last 2 weeks. Even if the crystal is mostly on the stem. Everything else goes which opens up the popcorn to the lights. I do take off shit I know won't produce well, early on before budding. That minimizes your trimming of the tiny shit. But if you do everything right, the popcorn is just as good as the big stuff. SG1

10. Nice replies guys....right before I started trimming I happened to look over at a plant on day fifty five and realised as long as you dont have the room too full, you can really get some nice nugs all the way to the bottom..i love popcorns..imo leaving em on doesnt take away from the colas..not that I can notice anyway...aamd yeah alot of peeps harvest the colas and let the bottoms finish..
    Im sur ill get some nice ones down here..

Attached Files:

11. I had not tried this the previous time, but in this grow i am going to try it for sure!(i still have way too much time for this holy day to come)

12. It works really nice actually ..every plant has that real pathetic nugs at the bottom..they tirn into nice nugs when left a little longer..

13. When you have a thick canopy they dont turn out that nice

14. I feel like the popcorn is my main haul too...and some are really really nice..I have all intentions on making some dry ice hash this round, so I want everything I can get..someone posted the most amazing videos on hash on my profile..I couldn't believe it was so dam easy to get all the crystals..I have a few good pics of some nice popcorns I'm gonna post here in a few minutes..

15. This grow I added a six hundred hps so the two sixs making two points of light and having eight plants rather than twenty I've been able to see these lowers develop nicely..ip just have to change the spot there in in the room to keep em even....but the two lights made a world of difference.