To people who drive too fast,

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by GGrass, Oct 4, 2010.

1. If I had a bike like that, I'd show it off to everyone too! That is one cool bike!

2. lol, no need to get offended, i just used that as an example. :) when i think of the country, alabama comes to mind, or at least it did when i posted this. when i think of fast aggressive drivers, i think of CA. i included these states in my post just because it made sense at the time.
    i meant to say: yes it is annoying when people drive super fast. but it is equally annoying (and dangerous) when people drive way too slow.

3. [​IMG]

To give you an idea of what kind of roads I'm talking about....

This is the 'country road' I'm talking about.

How fast do you think is appropriate for this kind of road? Where they have people walking along the road sides... cows roaming... and what not...

4. here(wv) EVERYONE runs the shit out of their cars or bikes on the tiny twisty roads its only looked down upon if you cant drive for shit. also nice r6 but what happened to your fairings?

5. 5-10 over is acceptable; if its safe and there arent a shit ton of people on the road.
    I can't stand when people go like 10 under.

6. that's not a country road at all. i'd say, 30-35 mph on a road like that one.

how fast would you drive on a road like this:

[​IMG]

but keep in mind, logging trucks drive on this road every day. ;)

7. You're fucked with the gravel if you go too fast

30-35.

8. Oh my!

I'm tempted to do 60+ but... For safety reason, I won't go above 40.

But that's a real tempting road... If anyone had a WRX of any sort, it'd be such a blast to blast thru those gravels.

9. I'm the same way, dude.

I do have a few select friends that I trust driving. They're also the only friends I would ever, ever, ever let drive my car.

But I also have plenty of friends who are just crazy drivers.

Friend #1 is a major lead foot and it scares the shit out of me. We were on our way to a b-day party one time, on a 2 lane road with a 40mph speed limit.
    The 2 lanes started to merge together, but the person in front of us was apparently not going fast enough so (friend) kicked it up to 80-90mph and barely managed to pass the person before we would have gone off the road.
    I was just sitting there clutching the seat going "we're all gonna die, we're all gonna die, we're all gonna die" :eek:

Friend #2 is just a really horrible case of distracted driving. Doesn't usually go too fast, but doesn't pay attention worth shit either.
    I feel like I always have to be on the lookout when I'm in her car because I can't even count the number of times I've had to yell "WATCH OUT FOR THAT CAR!"
    One time she was driving probably 55mph on some back country roads. One lane with a cliff on the right. Someone stopped in front of us to turn left and she was too busy doing what the fuck ever to notice. We were flying up on him fast and I started yelling "STOP! STOP! STOP!"
    She didn't have time to stop, so she veered off to the right, which would have taken us off the edge of the cliff if there hadn't been just a slight, barely-car-sized ledge right in that spot. I'm not exaggerating when I say we almost fucking died.

Friend #3 is kind of a mix. Drives a little too fast, doesn't pay quite enough attention, but tailgates like no ones fucking business so I was always certain that we were going to rear-end someone at a high rate of speed the second she looked away for a moment.

Driving a car is nothing to mess with...
    I sound like an hard-ass saying that, but it's so true. How many people have died in car accidents moments after thinking to themselves "oh it's fine, I'm not gonna crash".
    And how many people have lost loved ones because some idiot was over-confident in his driving abilities and crashed into another car?

I just don't want to take any chances when I'm engaged in an activity that has the potential to end not only my life but the lives of other people if I chose not to be responsible about it.

/long rant :p

10. ^ "Friend #2 is just a really horrible case of distracted driving."

Just by reading that line, I already know it's a girl driver.

Girl drivers are one of the most dangerous creatures on the road coz... they're doing everything else except driving.

They think the car is on AUTO PILOT or something... they check their phones... check their make ups... and the mirrors? They use it to fix their make up, not look at the cars coming from behind...

Crazy...

And yeah, driving is a serious business because one mistake can kill you, and a lot of other people.

Think about this.

What can actually kill you on your average day?
    Car accidents.

11. Actually, all those 3 that I listed were female drivers.

I'm not even going to take offense to the fact that you're calling all girl drivers bad, because I understand why that stereotype is there. I've seen it in action too many times to count.

And I know every damned female says this, but I'm a good fucking driver. :p

It may sound stupid, but honestly I think it's mostly the "girly girls" who are bad drivers. I'm not a girly girl at all. I grew up playing video games and sports and never once owned a fucking barbie. I know how to drive, goddammit! :laughing:

Dad always told me to "drive like everyone on the road is trying to kill you".
    It sounds paranoid, but it's so true. And that's how I drive. I'm constantly aware of my surroundings making sure some fuckass isn't veering into my lane or slamming on the brakes because they saw a fucking leaf blowing across the street and it looked like a squirrel. :rolleyes:

That's how a good 75-80% of friend #2's almost-crashes happen. She stops paying attention for a second and some douchebag makes a stupid move and she doesn't notice until I freak out.

Even if you're 100% completely certain that you're a fantastic driver, you still have to worry about all the other idiots on the road.

12. Pardon me for the generalization, but I couldn't help it coz... well, that's what I see...

In the morning traffic, when cars are stuck bumper to bumper, doing 'stop and go', I notice that almost all the woman drivers are either on their phones, or on their make ups. Mostly make ups coz it's the morning time and they're rushing to their offices... Why can't they do the make up at home before leaving?

My wife says if the women did the make up at home, none of them will make it to work on time.

Added : I thought you were a dude... I guess you weren't kidding when you said you weren't a 'girly girl'. :)

13. people would tailgate you. they want to travel @ 55-60 mph.

i wrecked one car on that type of road.

14. Lol, it's all good.
    I'm kinda used to people thinking I'm a dude by now. I used to have a picture of me in my sig/avatar but that still didn't really do much good, so I gave up and accepted that people will continue to think I have a penis no matter what I do. :laughing:

I hear ya though, I see a lot of bad women drivers too. There's a reason for the stereotype, it's there because a lot of girls/women really do suck at driving.

Of course, there are always exceptions. ;)

I for one, have never done my makeup in the car.
    Well okay, maybe once but I was in the passenger seat. :p

I actually took a road trip through LA a couple summers ago and we were stopped in bumper to bumper traffic, and this chick was just doing all kinds of elaborate makeup on herself while holding up everyone behind her and almost rear-ending the car in front of her several times.
    I tried to take a picture just because it was funny as hell to us at the time, but I don't think I ever ended up getting a good one.

15. #35 GGrass, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010

If some truck moved too close to my ass, I'll just let them pass...

I always think those cars that get tailgated are the problem makers, not the cars doing the tailgating...

I think not getting tailgated requires a special skill...

--

@ junkiedays : I'm sure you'd look pretty cool in your driver's seat. :)

16. I'll admit, sometimes I do like to piss (some) tailgaters off a little bit.

The thing for me, is that I'm always paying attention to my surroundings and if you're coming up on me pretty fast, I'm gonna try to move over and let you pass the first chance I get.
    But if someone comes up on my ass and starts riding my bumper 3 feet away without even giving me a chance to get out of their way, I may or may not slow down a whole lot just to piss them off...
    Then I may or may not speed back up again to give them some hope, and then I may or may not slow back down again to piss them off some more. :hide:

I swear I'm only a bitch if you're a bitch to me first. :p

(Granted, this is only back country roads I'm talking about where it's usually only me and that one other car. I'm not about to pull that shit on the freeway and back everyone else up. ;))

17. I guess some driving habits are universal.
    (I do that also... piss off tailgaters like that...)

18. This is what I hate in drivers. RUSHING. Seriously if you know you have to be
    somewhere get your butt up early and do your make up or whatever.
    I'm so happy I'm not a girl that has to take forever putting on make up. For
    me less with more so my make up routine is basically 5-10 mins if that, no more.

I don't mind people going over the speed limit, the cops are gonna get you
    before me. Yay for me.

I don't mind people who are driving too slow, eventually I'll get around you.

But I can't stand people who are obviously rushing not paying attention to
    what's around you and what you're doing. It's just like FUCK, YOU ASSHOLE!
    :mad:

19. i fucking hate when people dont go the goddamn speed limit! ESPECIALLY when theres a sign saying 40!! and ur still goin 35, asshole! people that go in the right lane just so they can zoom in front of the other lane, but in reality are just holding up every single person that could be turning right, inconsiderate pricks. hmm, what else...? 2 cars going THE SAME SPEED next to each other so nobody can pass, omfg wow i hate that.

20. It's a very good issue you touched there... rushing...

When I'm rushing, I do all kinds of asshole moves... I can't help it...

People need to organize their days better... so that they don't fall behind on schedules and end up rushing on the road...

Coz it's pretty dangerous...

My wife used to be call me on my way home and complain about me, not being home earlier.

And I end up rushing... and I hated that feeling... I cut lines, I speed, I overtake, I intimidate the drivers in front... I just become a complete asshole...

So I told my wife,

"IF you don't want me to crash on my way home, never again hurry me home."

In a very gentle way, of course... and she understood it, and now she never does that anymore.