To hydro or not to hydro?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gimmeaporsche, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Ok I was thinking about going with a complex hydro grow system, but I have about decided to go with a soil grow instead. What i was wondering is where can I order good soil online. Also can the fertalizers used for hydro growing be used for soil grows also? Thanks for the help.

2. i think hydro is way better but it needs constant monitoring for soil id just get pro mix from the local hydro store. you can use hydroponic nuts but it usally goes feed water feed water and so on

3. hydro is the shit

4. I am also a fan of hydro. And you don't have to purchase a real expensive kit, follow a how-to and build one yourself, much cheaper.

As to ordering soil online, I use bghydro.com, and I get the foxfarms ocean forest.

Get ready to pay a ton for shipping, because soil is really heavy, 1 bag of soil might only cost 10 bucks, but its gonna cost 20 more on top of that to ship it.

5. lol, the guy at the hydroshop scared me away from hydro, go with soil! don't listen to these fools! :D

6. i guess if you dont have the time or the skill. but if you wanna grow high quality, fairly quickly

7. LOL, I was being sarcastic. I plan on trying both. Hydro isn't an option for my location though. So organic soil for me at the moment.

8. hahah yeah i figured by your smily face. im just being a jerk. try both. might as well. most poeople mother in soil and grow clones in the hydro. i used to grow soil, but i dunno i like hydro waaaaay better. but some people like iron maiden as well. so ce la vi. any way. haha

9. i like iron maiden.....:(
    but i love hydro growing.

10. exactly my point

11. there are diffrent hydro systems but i think ebb and flow is the best for beginner plus it has killer yeilds that way

12. Bro, I'd have to say, since your going to stare at your plants anyhow, "having to constantly monitor them" isn't really an issue.. You keep things dialed in, and you'll be way happier with the hydro ebb and flow, I wouldn't recommend a complex hydro sys, but ebb and flow is very simple..

Why don't you do what I did when I started and put some soil next to a small hydro table.. and then choose for yourself.. :D I'll bet you pick hydro..