To Harvest Or Not To Harvest ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wotsinyourbag, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Hi All

8 weeks flowering 2x Nirvana Citral under 400hps, been flushing 8 days and plan to harvest saturday so 8 weeks 2 days in all, trichs are all cloudy one or two amber maybe.

Smoked a small bud a week ago, nice taste a bit harsh but hadn`t flushed at that stage, what do yo uthink shall I harvest or leave them a bit longer ?????

Attached Files:

2. I would harvest... do you have clones? if so, you can harvest now, cure it, test it and you will know to wait on your next harvest. Or, harvest half and leave half for a few days longer. I had 3 plants which i harvested at different times.. clones of the same plants are flowering now. I will play with the harvest times a little this time.

3. Lovely Girls!

From asking the same Q, i suggest let them go another 2 weeks. I have been told in GC you dont start counting flowering until TWO weeks after you change the light cycle to 12/12!

Lookin Really Nice Though

Hope that helped!

4. Thats correct, if there mostly cloudy then you should give them an extra time, I'd wait until there atleast 20% amber and if you want that good lockdown buzz wait till there 50% amber or better.

5. I have decided to let them go a bit longer, trouble is I had planned to harvest tommorrow so they have been in darkness for 2 hours longer then normal before I decided to carry on, will this affect them ?

6. From my experience it hasn't affected time/quality or whatever, as long as the few hours extra dont go for days on end consecutively. The uncommon occurrence doesn't harm the plants themselves much.

7. Na, once there as close as yours are theres not a whole lot you can do to really hurt them, minus chopping them down. Hell if you want them to finish faster reduce the hours down to 8/16, they'll turn fast then.

8. You could harvest now or wait a bit, depends on the high you like. Most would wait until a bit more amber in the trichs. No worries on extra darkness.

9. I would say harvest now. I heard peak potencey is when the trichs turn milky. Or do an expirement and havest 1 plant now and the second when the trichs are more amber. Anyway it's up to you. Happy Harvest!

10. Nice one everyone, what a great forum this is.

I have looked at the babied today and the trichs are probably 25% amber now, I cannot believe how fast the whole thing can turn around in, I am going to harvest in two days, this is only my first grow, pretty pleased although lots of mistakes.

Meanwhile , I have have planted 5 x of each Northern Lights, White Widow and Bluberry and 12 have sprouted already, once the Citral is out of the grow tent, in the seedlings go, will update on the next grow, shit man this grow thing is so addictive.......