to grow with hydro or soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BigZ, Jan 5, 2007.

1. i'm novice grower im difficulty pick to grow in hydro and soil. plus people say hydro produces qaulity weed is this true.

2. I started my grow in soil with six plants. I took one of my dying plants in soil and put it in a DWC bucket, and it took off. I built a mulit-pot dwc system shortly after, and it has been a breeze. I'm sure similar or even better results could be achieved by growing in soil, but a DWC hydro system is almost completely self-sufficient, all you do is add water and nutes and adjust the pH of the water. I would definately say go for the hydro.

3. funny I ask myself this every day. I have been growing sence 9-11 -need to eat. little did i know about it in the beginning-now i forget stuff daily. lol - first time was hydro yes, lots of work-WORK,work lots of checkin...vent - heat - PH O' god PH good money. a year or so went by and i starting not likin my herb. A friend got me roasted on some blueberry , grown indoor in soil...SO i did soil -- very special herb comes from soil. It can touch you deeply. After doing both-i didnt stop. I did both until 6 months ago. The KEY is to rember- you get out what you put in. All the long-timers should know this. You can grow sweet herb in hydro or soil. You need to figure out what you want to get? money or herb? the Trip part is the better the herb the more money you will make, but you will spend more money on the stuff to make the herb-yea, back to part 1. If you grow in soil you will have less stress on your self, you will get to know how bad your house smells during the last 2 weeks and drying...IN HYDRO I(YOU) can grow more herb in same space-only if you are ON IT...PH - heat - PPM - etc. not easy.
    lots of ways for hydro - EASY - ebb and flow, true force of the nation. 80% people do this. rockwool thing right...I do this too. I use expensive products. LOL well they are now... I think a lot of people use it too. Pure blend pro and original - liquid karma - tiger bloom -big list -BIG $- its is worth every dime. If I use a coconut and pertile mix, people think i grew it in soil.

you get out what you put in

4. Growing in soil is more familiar or intuitive for most people -- we've all stuck seeds into soil and grown something or other as a class project since kindergarten. Hydro is more foreign.

If done well, hydro will grow faster and potentially more potent. But hydro is more work, you really have to stay on top of nutes, water, pH, everything. Hydro is more sensitive to conditions being off by even a little bit. Soil overall is more forgiving.

5. Hydro is really effective and if your trying to make money its the way to go, I still like the natural taste of soil grown bud. Nothin better imho.