To grow or not to grow...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by vvidowmaker, Nov 23, 2008.

1. So I've been having some trouble making up my mind on this, and I think hearing everyones input will help to influence my decision in the right direction. I have grown before with a fair amount of success but looking back on it I sometimes wonder if it was worth the stress. So here is my situation:

I live in a state in which the law says that cultivation of up to 24 plants or less than 1lb is senteceable by up to 5 years in prison with a $15,000 fine, and is a felony. From what my understanding is, the judge I would get if (god forbid) I were to get caught is mostly by the book. I have no previous criminal record of any kind. I rent an apartment in a complex has about 50 or so residents, however the landlord is absentee during most of the year and it is for the most part a quiet neighboorhood. I have better lights than I did last time and an ozone generator, as well as a rottweiler and I live a fairly low-key domestic life. I get along with most of my neighboors although one does not like me even though I've never done anything to provoke him. Since the last crop several months back I had not considered growing again for a while but money has been very tight as I work my way through college.

The bottom line is this: as I see it there is little to no reason why I would get caught but I also know that is not to say that it could not happen. I would not do well at all in prison, which is an understatement.

Any and all feedback is appreciated, thank you.

2. That is a shitty idea man I would never consider growing in a apartment complex way to many ways to get caught.

3. As long as you don't tell ANYONE and I mean ANYONE and safely dispose of any evidence (i.e. wrappers, leaf cuttings, etc.) without anyone seeing it you should be good there. The only other thing is if your landlord did happen to walk in and find it which can be prevented by either hiding it well or gettin a cabinet with a lock on it to grow inside which might be your best option.

4. With the appropriate safeguards you should be able to pull of a clandestine grow. Draconian MJ laws make outlaws of thousands of regular folks...I'm so disappointed in my generation for not repealing the prohibition on MJ already. It's all risk vs reward...sux that our only alternative to keep from going to prison is dealing with dealers and paying out the ass. Simple possession is more likely to get a misdemeanor sentance...Way whacked.

5. Doing a small grow in an apartment is no big deal. You cannot do a big commercial grow, but a small personal grow is not that difficult and has little risk if you keep it to yourself.

I have lived in an apartment for the past 5 yrs, and do a small personal grow for myself. I get about 3 oz's every 100-120 days. As long as you keep to yourself, do not let even your closest friends know, and are discreet, you will be fine.

Here is little encouragement. I have been doing this for over 5yrs in an apartment, and have not had any problems. At present count it has saved me over $10K since I do not have to buy on the streets, this is subtracting my expenses.

Attached Files:

6. I would have to agree, that's why I'm having a hard time grappleing with the fact that I could go to prison for doing something that isn't wrong. :\

7. No way.. If you are concerned at all that you might get caught then its a big no.. You
    might think "yes" right now but you'd surely regret that sitting in a jail cell, even for one
    night.

If I were you, I'd wait till spring and do an outdoor grow.. sucks but its way safer than
    your situation.

Remember.. its not the things that you can think of and plan for that should worry you..
    its what you're NOT thinking of.. I was in the same boat once.. almost. Except
    I wasn't growing.. came home one day to find maintenance people in my place working
    in a closet because the person upstairs broke a pipe and there was water coming down
    into my place. Thankfully I had put all my smoking shit and weed away the night
    before so nothing was found.

Its NEVER worth getting caught over man.. Really. That shit follows you..

:bongin: ~Experimentalist