To grow or not to grow?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lime17857, Nov 15, 2018.

?

To grow or not to grow

1. Yep, worth it, no risk in your situation

50.0%
  2. Nope, you're nuts if you even consider this

50.0%
  1. I'll make a long story very short. First timer, newbie... Spent a crapload of money on a very nice 4x4 tent, LED lights, etc... Like everything, seeds, heater, dehumidifier, ... etc.... I'm ready to go. Non-returnable...

PA is still medical use only and well fuck me, I just found out what the penalty is for growing near a school.

"The school zone mandatory minimum sentence is two to four years in state prison. An offense is in a school zone if it is within 1,000 feet of the real property line of any school."

As I type this, I can turn my head to the left and look out my window at the brand new school they just built across the street.

At some point, the Commonwealth of Tax-ylvania will change it's laws, but I don't see it happening any time soon. Finding weed around here is really difficult. I'm not interested in selling, just having supply for me and my friends.

Is it worth the risk? Would you grow or wait?

2. I think you’ll be ok if you can keep your mouth shut. That’s what I’m doing.. hope the power increase doesn’t tip anyone off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. it's that "mandatory minimum" that scares me, that's no slap on the wrist

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. You are already deep in equipment now! I say keep it old school DL, make sure you use a duct mover and charcoal filter! Go for your first grow and decide from there, you are either going to love it or swear to never do it again but I believe you owe yourself not just financially, but personally at this point in your commitment!

5. In my opinion, it depends on how many plants you are going to grow. If you’re only doing 1-2 plants, you may be able to get it done without a huge increase in your energy bill. My monthly energy bill is ridiculous. If it wasn’t legal where I live, I would be worried that someone would rat me out because of my usage.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. #7 QuietStorm1, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    You are better off renting some cheap space with power and running a grow there... split the rent with other medical patients. 200-500 a month is worth it to stay out of prison imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. If you think getting caught is worth two years in prison sure. The chance of you getting caught is low of course (with just a personal supply). Not to mention a felony charge.

It is not worth it. A couple days in county jail set me straight. I couldn't imagine 2 years.

8. Can your friends keep their mouth shut? How many watts are you running on top of fans?

9. If growing 1000ft from school gets you 2-4 min, what's possession catch you?

Lots of ways to disguise power usage.
    Set up lights to run while you have less house hold usage. I've got mine running so as to use those "free nights and weekends" that our power company offers lol.

Sometimes when close to schools/cops, if you're acting like a normal contributing member of society no one is ever the wiser. Be outside, watch your surroundings. Become cool (or act friendly) with the people you would usually figure to be narcs. Friends close/ enemies closer.

At least it's about to be Christmas light season too. Everyone's energy will be spiking from evening to morning for next couple months anyways. Or where I live, for the next 6 months (lazy bastards lol).

no expert, just a guy trying to make a bud

• Like Like x 1
  10. if you have told a friend about it, don't do it. It's always a friend of a friend that rats you out.
    Move ur pad.

11. That falls under the category of wiser words have never been spoken. I know, that's what keeps going through my mind. At some point a friend will tell someone else even if it's a simple slip of the tongue. "No man, I don't have any, but I got this friend that gives it out for free." So even if the police don't hear about it, I'm stressing over what a grower who's got bills to pay is going to think about that.

If two people know about it, it's not a secret.

12. Golden rules to growing mate.

Don't tell!

Don't smell!

Don't sell!

Most of us break rules 1 and 3 occasionally but just gotta be careful.
    Quite a few folk know what I do but they all benefit from it one way or another or are other growers I help out so all have very good reason to stay quiet.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Keep it small , go for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Your doubts are telling you what you already know, but don't want to accept. Use the equipment somewhere safer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. If no one knows but you , then you may be secure. If anyone else knows - it will get around for sure. Once people know - you will get popped.