To grow or not to grow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by D1rty_K, Mar 9, 2018.

1. This plant was stunted a friend had it it 24hrs light for over a month I now have it because we just couldn't throw it away and I have NO idea what to do for her 1520604449135.jpg 1520604462728.jpg 1520604471026.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Um....shit . That plant is a mess. Do you still have it on 24/0? From what I see, you could possibly take a few clones and just regrow the strain?

I mean theoretically you can still grow that plant out. So you could even throw it into flower and see what happenes. You know, use it as a way to gain knowledge and experience. Much like people do when they take in mite infested plants so they can learn to eradicate them. Except in this case it's a poorly grown plant that needs to be turned around.

If all else fails, practice training and cloning. The more practice, the better you'll get for future reference.

J Evergreen

• Like Like x 2
  3. Im in the process of getting things together to get this closet set up and this just kinda is under a crappy light and it got fed miracle grow I've grown a few plants out side but I don't think with what I've got going on right now I cant help this poor thing I feel bad it's in a soil coco mix for what ever reason and there isn't any drain holes on the bucket I've cloned a billion tomatoes and basil but never a marijuana plant. I'd hate to kill it off just because

4. In thinking it could be part calcium deficiency obviously there's alot going on here they "repotted" her in this blue bucket with no holes should I re repot it? Lol the leaves are bowing more today it's on 12 12 because I don't have a timer set up Nd 8 16 is too hard to do so I figured try n flower it but idk I have seeds Germinating so im just trying to make the best of this till I can't anymore

5. Well yes if you want to continue to grow it out, I don't see the harm in re-potting it into a more suitable container. You could fix that calcium problem pretty quickly too depending on how you would like to go about it.

I don't assume you have some spare crustacean meal laying around anywhere? You could always do get some. If that's off the table, what you could do is get a container and fill it with some seafood shells(crab,shrimp,lobster,etc) and then get ORGANIC vinegar and add it at about 4x the volume of the shells. You let it sit in the vinegar for a few weeks. The vinegar will pull out calcium carbonate and you can mix this into water for higher levels of calcium.

Something to the tune of
    • 1/4 a cup of your enhanced vinegar(shell extract)
    • To 1 gallon of water
    You could then use the shells later on if you chose to, but of course the calcium will be far less than normal. It gives earthworms the chance to digest other viable elements that are present in the now broken down shells. (This is of course if you use worms in your soil)

Just throwing some ideas out there. Hope any of it helps.

J Evergreen

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Oh and I almost forgot to mention that you could even use ground oyster shells if you have them. Dolomite lime if you've got it(even though I was on the assumption that it takes a while to breakdown) so I may be wrong on that ideology, or even crush up some eggshells and add them to your topsoil. As water also has calcium in it.

If you choose the eggshell route, just as well as the oyster shell route, you want to grind up these objects into a course powder if you can. They'll be more easily accessible to your plants and worms if you've got them.

J Evergreen

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dollar store sells timers. Weed being weed it can always turn around. Just depends on the effort you want to put in. Here’s a couple before and after pics. IMG_2211.JPG IMG_2753.JPG IMG_3305.JPG also I should add that it’s in perlite dirt with miracle grow and cfl lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Now I e got 1 wilting branch the plants actually looking better minus my sad friend

9. Get a decent light and some nutes!!! I’d say grow it

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Mystery meat is doing alot better...I have a new problem tho is been is 12 12 fit annoy 2 weeks or less I just got 2 clones that need 18 6 im getting my new light monday can I switch them all to 18 6 or would mystery meat hermie?

11. It should just start to reveg but will be atleast another 3-4 weeks before I would throw it back in flower but I would leave the 12/12 and on Monday just put clones under that or just find a spot and hang a couple cfls over clones and keep flowering the meat lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  12. I am in agreement here. You can re-veg this plant if you would like but It'll take a few extra weeks to even begin the process of new growth. If you've got time to kill though, then shoot for it. You'll see some funky stuff. Weird branches,leaves, and what not.

I think that the best option would be to continue the flowering process on Ole Meat if you can. If that means isolation then do it. If you have the space that is. Then you can keep a flowering plant while replenishing your stock with the new clones on seperate light schedules.

If that's off the table, reveg the Meat. :metal:

13. Yea I do not have the space to make deperate arrangements honestly I thought I'd have a 2 week clone warning but they were kind of suddenly given to me and who says no to free clones. They are a gorilla glue 4 and something else cross I keep forgetting to ask him what the other parent plant was. He calls this one harambe glue.

14. Mystery meat (lol) today 20180325_104611.jpg 20180325_104625.jpg

15. So we Meat again.

Looking good. To bad MM is about to get discombobulated once more. Hopefully she'll pull through and stay stress free. Did she have any smell?

16. Very little this poor thing tho haha