Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To Grow Or Not To Grow?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Stoner1961, Dec 3, 2016.

1. #1 Stoner1961, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    I've been working on a 4'x9' grow room inside a 16'x24' shed for quite some time. I live in a non-legal state and I've been dragging my feet on the construction in hopes that my state might pass new legislation to legalize MMJ. However, the latest state bill was introduced back in April 2016 and has been stuck in committee since May. I've also heard that a new MMJ bill has been drafted for possible submission in 2017.

My wife suffers from Crohn's disease and has been on opioid pain killers for years. Therefore, the primary reason for growing would be for her medical use. However, I plan on partaking recreationally myself as well.

The room is not a budget build by any means. The walls and ceiling are insulated with R-13 fiberglass then covered with a 6 mil plastic vapor barrier with all seams taped. Over the vapor barrier is 1/2 inch Oriented Strand Board. Over the OSB the entire room is lined with Reflectix radiant barrier to provide additional vapor and thermal insulation. The floor is insulated with 1.5 inches of rigid insulation covered with underlayment and then peel and stick tiles. I already have a Kind K5 XL1000 LED grow light. The room is also equipped with a through the wall window unit A/C. I'll be using oil filled space heaters during the colder times of year. In addition, I have a dehumidifier with a built in pump to pump collected water back to the watering system reservoir. The watering system will use Blumat self watering probes hooked to a 15 gallon reservoir.

Back to the question. Should I complete the room and start growing now or hold out in hopes that my state legalizes soon?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 Blix, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Start now.
    The sooner you start, the sooner you harvest.

Edit: And fuck waiting for permission to do
    something that should never have been criminalized
    in the first place.

• Like Like x 5
  3. I've been in a similar spot in my state as well. I'm feeling a little discouraged about when we'll finally get MMJ. We have a bill up for both medical and recreational, but we've had bills like it shot down before. I've had a lot of health issues and want off standard painkillers, so I said fuck it and quit waiting around and set up a grow again. I considered moving to a state with medical, and still often do, but I understand if that is not an option for you. I only have five plants; growing anymore is a felony here, and I'm still not willing to risk that. Consider the laws on cultivation in your state, of course. Your grow room sounds like a pretty wicked start up, I know I would be ready to use it if I was in your shoes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dude. Grow. Grow like the wind.

Just don't tell anyone.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Here's a different perspective to consider ..............

You already built the room.
    You obviously have been educating yourself on how to grow.

With that in mind what if your state said in 5 months you'll be able to buy legally?
    Why wouldn't you when you already have the means to grow?

I'm in Washington state and all the safety BS excuses the state uses doesn't make up for the FACT most of the despensary products are full of pesticides.

It is a PROFIT driven industry no matter where you live.

Wouldn't you rather have your Wife including yourself consuming what you know to be a product not only grown the right way but cured properly?

Same reason I try to grow as much food as possible in my yard instead of that FDA poison approved food they sell at your grocery.

My last visit to a despensary they changed the rules you couldn't even smell it as it was all prepackaged.
    Then I get it home open it up and it was unbelievably dry.
    In other words they never cured it properly.

Not only do you know what you are consuming when you grow there is a great satisfaction that takes place through out the process.

• Like Like x 3
  6. I agree with these folks. You've built a outstanding room. Your wife needs some medicine. You can grow pesticide free and cure your crop yourself. Before your grow I recommend checking PsychedelicSam's Another tincture thread after you've perused the medical section. A tincture is very versatile and can be used to make candy, or just about anything you want. Get some strain recommendations. BadKittySmiles has a great tutorial on making capsules as does BrassNwood. I never have enough to use their methods, but they will give you some ideas on how to medicate without smoking. Best of luck to you both.

• Like Like x 1