Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To grind or not to grind?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lameliiv, Sep 19, 2016.

1. I just bought a sweet grinder, but i really dont know when you'd want to use it?

When would you want to grind your bud and when wouldnt you?

obviously for joints, but what about pipes or bongs?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Different people will have different opinions. Try it both ways and make your own opinion. Don't be a lemming

• Like Like x 3
  3. doesn't matter..
    you'll get just as high either way.

grind, don't grind.. all personal preference.

4. Well I really just grind if I want to roll a joint but if you do grind it and use it for a bowl make sure you have a nug plus so the weed doesn't get sucked through. Also it tends to burn really quick in bowls when it's ground up. Which I generally don't like but it can be a pro or con depending on your preference.

• Like Like x 1
  5. wrong thread..

6. I like to use my grinder so I can collect keif

~Faolan

• Like Like x 4
  7. I haven't used a grinder in years, mostly since when I buy a new baggie, I leave it open a day or two so that when I come home from work, it's somewhat dry and crumbles between my fingers, and throw it in my bong bowl.

8. Grind, grind, grind. Not only do you get to save the kief that normally would go to waste, it also reduces your bud to the perfect smokable consistency AND keep the thc from sticking to your fingers and going to waste

• Like Like x 6
  9. Dude you are such a lemming

10. For bongs and bowls I've found that when it's not grinded up it doesn't burn evenly

How can you tell me this plant is not good for me?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lemmings follow what other Lemmings do. I am definetly not even close bud

• Like Like x 1
  12. always grind... don't load that nug that you just press down with you thumb... grind and enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  13. I grind all my bud no matter what it is going into, usually is a great consistency for pipes, bongs, joints you name it. I will flip the grinder upside down and grind extra though if I am using my vape.

• Like Like x 1
  14. When you grind you can choose to pack your bowl tight or loose - depending on your liking. My favorite pipe has a fairly large bowl and when the pot is ground, I only light it once and the ember will stay, though sometimes hidden by ash.
    I grind a week's worth and keep it in a tiny container.
    For vaporizers that take flowers,like a MFLB, I don't see how one could not grind.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I usually grind a gram at a time and use that for everything. I'd say its most important to use a grinder with bongs (for a easy burn), and with vapes. I usually have a glass screen so I even use ground bud for my spoons and chillum, but a nice hand broke bowl is nice sometimes. Personal preference

16. I hate breaking up with my fingers (cause my fingers get all dank), but hell no I'm not gonna pay $20 for a cheap plastic grinder. Living by the university has its downfalls.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Golden Gate Grinders. Best grinder ive ever bought

• Like Like x 2
  18. Id take a plastic grinder over no grinder any day, in fact I have a plastic grinder that was in my schwag bag from a Cannabis Cup, I keep that at my parents for when I need one there.

I only know 1 person who doesn't use a grinder and I'd pass on their bowls if it was family.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I recently got one of those...does a beautiful job in no time...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Indeed. Even mix it up -- grind sometimes, don't grind other times.

My preference is to always grind, provided I have a grinder on-hand. Kief chamber/collection, plus better burning, plus not getting my fingers sticky, equals a win-win situation in my book :smoke:

Shot glass (regular or double) + sharp scissors works really well, IMO. Did this for well over a year before getting a new grinder, lol...I think you can actually grind it finer than a standard mechanical one can (and you still get the kiefy goodness at the bottom of the glass either way), but it certainly takes a bit longer & wears your hand out more than just twisting. The trick is to rotate the shot glass in one hand while you're cutting with the scissors in the other & you end up cutting up the bud from every whichway. :thumbsup:

(OT)...just to set the record straight, Lemmings actually don't just "follow the leader," despite what that Disney movie portrayed. Check out Snopes' article, and the Straight Dope article. This myth is far too widespread...dammit Disney :) !

• Like Like x 3