Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To grind or not to grind...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420 Noob, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Is grinding or breaking up your weed better than just poppin' a fat nug in my bowl and smoking it from there? Increasing surface area by breaking it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If you grind it you can save the kief and smoke it when you are out of bud.

3. i use both but seem to gravitate more towards hand busting...although for my lady i usually grind up because i can control hit size a little more for her lungs.

4. Grinding is a very convenient way to break down the weed. It's simple, easy, and takes no time at all. You never get your hands sticky from the bud and when cornering bowls it is a lot easier (for me at least)

5. There's nothing quite like freshly ground green straight from an electric muzza..
    Although not all of us have one of these all the time, so scissors it is :hello:

6. better more even burn and smoke imo

7. You should really on use a grinder if you are wanting to save the Keif, if not then break it down by hand so you can still smoke the Keif on the buds.

8. I always grind even if I don't have a grinder capable of catching kief, just way easier to roll the blunt.

9. I always grind. I find it easier to light up & corner the bowl when it's ground up. Plus you get some keif buildup if you have a keif catcher/4 part grinder. If I don't have a grinder accessible, I still break it up into tiny pieces before I pack a bowl.

10. Well, if you want to hit the entire bong bowl in one hit, then you'll like Snappers. Just grind up some herb, then burn the whole bowl. 
    But if you don't like burning the entire bowl, I wouldn't suggest it for ya, because it would burn the herb too fast for your taste. 

11. I will religiously grind my bud, not only for the kief but because it burns better, has more surface area and is easier to pack or roll. If I'm chilling with someone who hasn't ground their bud I will rip that joint open, grind it then re-roll.

12. I don't think I'd ever just light up a bud to be honest.  Grind. That. Shit
    Unless of course you can't handle bigger hits, but even then I'd personally grind it all and just put less in the bowl.

:smoke:

13. Grinding = bigger and milkier hits. Also good for stealth because you can slam that bowl if you don't have pussy lungs.