Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To Grind Or Not To Grind

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by YankeeMYwankeee, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Do you guys grind all your weed up when you get it? i find it fun to get wicked baked after picking up a half or so and just grind it all up to some music

2. Nope. I grind it right before I smoke it, and generally never in advance..unless I grind a large bud and only smoke half or so

3. I generally like to keep my buds fresh until I get close to smoke it. So whole buds stay in my glass jar, and the bud I grind up (usually about .5 at a time) stays in an orange pill bottle :D

4. i think it stays fresh longer as nugs.

5. i only grind if im rolling it. whenever i put grinded up weed into a bowl or bong, some weed gets into my mouth

6. ^lol..
    anyways.. any unnessary handling of your bud is more trichomes falling off so i keep all my precious nugs away and grind one at a time when i need

7. I don't use a grinder, but I don't break up all my weed on pick up that's sacreligious. I break it down before I injest.

8. i've been told not to..

but sometimes i'll pick up, grind a little, smoke..

and then just start grinding the rest.

it's just something relaxing to do while i'm high.

9. while i agree that grinding up weed is a super fun task, i like to keep my nugs together until right before i blaze....keeps em sticky

10. i am certainly part of the school of thought that waits until smoking to grind it. Not sure if it matters or not, it probably doesnt, but it just seems more fresh.

11. i used to grind all of my weed up when i got it because it was quicker to smoke it but i just really really really really looking at bud in nug form

12. I grind up all that I am goiung to smoke thus if I am going to smoke all my ganja i will grind all of it. I love keeping nugs around but i love grinding too hehe :)

13. I grind it as I smoke it. It's easier for me to conserve it, that way I try to smoke what's in the grinder and nothing else. Plus I have to have some non-grounds stuff for my one-hitter.
    Though I think grinding makes it smell better...I didn't start grinding until about two months ago.

14. I grind up my meds before i smoke

15. I break up by hand, I'm a hipster.
    I usually only break up right before I roll one though, seems like I'm saving more crystals that way.

16. [quote name='"Javarius Reptar"']I break up by hand, I'm a hipster.
    [/quote]

lol so that's what that means?

17. no i only grind before i smoke. if i had all my weed grinded id smoke through it way quicker

18. I just grind as much as I can be bothered too when I get my weed as I use scissors it takes ages, I'll usually just grind enough to vape then vape and then grind the rest while high listening to a good album. It's good because it keeps your wandering mind on a simple task which allows you to focus on the music tremendously.

19. I recently switched to a wooden stash box from a jar... after a few days you dont need to grind as it just crumbles nice...

20. [quote name='"Hot Rod"']

lol so that's what that means?[/quote]

Hilarious.

I am not a hipster so I use a grinder lol. Rarely grind all at once. I do try and remember to use a safety nug at the bottom of a bowl though so as to avoid pull through.