To Grind Or Not To Grind? That Is The Question.

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by LSDBongWater, Aug 20, 2014.

1.  For the longest time, i used to grind up my bud, cause i didn't want to take all that time and get my hands all sticky. Plus, the bowl doesn't burn as good with bigger pieces of bud. Whatever i had instantly went in there without a second thought as to what it did to it. Well, my grinder broke a few days ago, and i've been using my hands again and i have to say, I notice a great difference in potency. Using a grinder actually decreased my smoking experience.All of the resin glands get pulverized and stick to the teeth. There is no way to get all the kief back as some gets stuck in the screen as well. I'm officially swearing off grinders for the rest of my life. Is anyone else hands only?

2. I always grind, makes it more enjoyable, plus I get lots of crystals to cook with or make hash.  Plus it seems to conserve better, 1g I can get at least 15 nice snaps, which I get high off 1 or 2.

3. Just clean your grinder then you will have all that potency back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I agree to a certain extent with op. I also see my grinder teeth all sticky and kinda frown. But i came from breaking it up to getting a 2" diamond grind. And like u said the bowl burns ALOT better. But ud gotta think ur gettin a decent bit on ur fingers too. Quite a debateable subject i just try not to sweat it.

5. you can always use a nice sharp pair of small scissors and neatly trim the buds into smaller leaf/bud material.  

6. scissors and shotglass perhaps

7. Grinders are good for convenience, I guess. I never owned a good one that catches keif or anything, though. Only had one and it was a shitty 4 dollar plastic deal that looked like a yoyo.

I like breaking up my bud by hand, on my Animals vinyl cover; been my little pre-smoke ritual for years (hence my profile pic). It does make your fingers sticky though. I had a computer mouse that I would use right after breaking up bud, and the buttons started to stick. Took it apart and there was keif all inside of it. :wacko:

8. I love grinding. It helps conserve and I down lose anything because I can top a bowl with kief whenever.

9. i grind , though scissoring through a nice foxglove bud is joyous 

10. Touching the weed gets some of the THC off, or so I heard. Also grinding dense weed makes me feel like I have more. :hippie:

11. Pair of scissors and kief box works for me.

12. Grinding my weed always gives me the illusion that I have more weed LMAO

13. yaa fukin grind dat danky n skinn up dat stiky iky in a fukkinn blont n fukkinn sparkkkkk IT up n fukin tak dat strait to ur dome n fukin get high as fuk :smoking: :hello:

14. If goodness loss is the concern.  Grinding is better than fingers and scisors are better than a grinder.  It's harder to reclaim that lost thc from fingers than metal teeth, blades and keif cathers.  You do realize that gunk that builds up is basically hash.  If you keep the grinder teeth clean they will damage the herb less and collect less trics.  clean teeth will knock trics off to be caght in the keif catcher.

15. I grind everything. Whatever gets stuck on my grinder I'll just make some ISO hash every once in awhile.

16. I dont see why someone wouldnt use a grinder unless that shit just crumbles.

Roll Another One.

17. Grind till I die.

Just picked up a hard top Sharpstone grinder and I'm loving. Busting with your hands just means you're gonna have sticky stanky dank fingers all day. Plus you can clean your grinder and make some tasty QWISO, can't do that with your fingers.

Dude, that's the exact same thing I do. Like, to a T. 

19. I've never had a grinder that didn't leave flakes in the bud and im paranoid if I bought an expensive one it would flake as well. I stick to fingers. I like my bud kinda dry anyway so I don't need to worry about it being a pain to break up.

20. I grind solely because of how much better the bowl burns. Honestly I'm getting tired of my 4 piece since I don't use the kief for anything special. I'm thinking of switching to a two piece but am unsure of what brand to try next.