Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

to get a medical card i CA

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by theredeyejedi, Jul 30, 2007.

1. do you need to have a different regular doctor write down that you have a condition and that they approve of using marijuana for? Because im seeing a psychiatrist for ADHD and insomnia and im taking adderall (amphetamine) 40mg and ambien 10mg to treat them but i find that marijuana works better for both of them, but when i told her that i smoked weed she went right into how substance abuse is bad and i didnt really think i could talk to her about it without her revoking both my meds cuz they are highly abusable. So can i walk in to the marijuana doc with my prescription bottles and tell him wats up?cuz if he contacted my psych and she pulled my meds and the marijunana guy didnt get me a card i would be in a world of shit, adhd and insomnia arent a good mix.

2. i would take whatever medical records you have, or ask your real doc to just write what you have and make it official, but dont say what its for. real docs with kaiser and stuff can get in trouble for supporting MMJ i have heard, so you have to go to pro-pot doctors. i know folks that have their cards and have no medical issues, so if you have some proof you shouldnt have a problem. im in SF tho so maybe its diffrent. good luck anwyays

3. ya i just dont want to be wastin 120 bucks or whatever and then have no medication.all the web sites say bring in proof of condition/referral from physician.idk what to do...........

4. yeah i think im going to go with the oscar worthy performance and a couple of pill bottles

5. man its a shame that people abuse the system, but if u can get away with it more power to you. you have conditions tho so you should be fine. kaiser WONT support a mmj plan at all, already tried.

6. I'm a NorCal MJ med patient. just get a copy of your med records,take them to a MJ script doctor (check internet for closest) get your script. Then if your other Doc wants to screw with you, get a DIFFERENT Doc!!! I know it's a pain, but ALOT of Doc's now realize the true value of Med MJ!!!

Good Luck

7. do you have to do it in the county you live in because there is one closer to me but its in the next county over

8. All you need is proof that you have what you have. Prescription bottles with your name on them are usually good enough. Both ADD and Insomnia are conditions that can legally be treated with medical marijuana in California.

You can visit www.canorml.org for a list of doctors in your area.

9. thx dude im gonna schedule an appointment this week. its a damn shame i have to do al this to smoke a frickin flower,but amphetamines and benzo's are practacly forced.....

10. No, my script is from the next county No., valid throughout the State.:smoking::smoking:

11. my doc doesnt require proof until the 6 month check up. at that time you need papers or bottles or what not to prove you have tried other methods.

12. go see dr sterner in san diego, calif. he has me on med MJ for bipolar, adhd, insomnia, and depression. i had my records xfer'd from a residential treatment facility i spent 11 months at as a child and was prescribed many many different meds. i was able to convince him that none worked as well as cannabis. hes expensive though, $200 when i went i dont know if hes lowered his price. next im trying medicann because they offer medi-cal discounts will only cost me $100 for my rec. basically if u have access to med records from whoever diagnosed ur mental illness, any MD can recommend cannabis to you if he has the records in his file - and u also have to convince the doc that the other meds were not as effective. and yes it works fucking awesome for bipolar/adhd/insomnia/etc. as long as i medicate at least once or twice per week i have enough trace amounts of THC in my blood/fat tissue to stabilize my mood for a good amount of time.