To get a dog or...not get a dog? Pros and cons.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by WoodHouse, Mar 26, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

Samoyed.

Relaxed, smart as fuck, adorable, defensive... Just a couple of things I remember from my last one.. Amazing dogs, never heard about a bad one

2. #22 StickyIkyMarley, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
    Meh I have to get another one now.. Damn you google images :smoking:

One con I just remembered tho, these dogs will get really attached, and even "depressed" if you leave for even a couple days, won't eat much, drink much ext..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Don't worry beagles aren't shit rats as long as you potty train them which is obvious. They are really nice dogs to have their loyal, protective, and they aren't very hyper. They can be hyper like all dogs but I've owned 3 and they all sleep half the day or just chill in one spot

4. Pros definitely outweigh the cons. Get a golden retriever, besides the shedding fur they are no doubt the best:hello:

5. Im tossing around the same idea dude. I wanna get one once i move out of the dorms next year and have a companion for life.

If i get one it'll be a shepard though i love my shepard at home such a smart and loyal dog i love him. I've also just always loved shepards.

Get whatever dog you think you'll have for, and love it for all its worth.

6. #26 TinTizzy, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
    Yellow labs and golden retrievers are cool too..friend has a cockalier thats real mellow and nice

7. #27 Soxfantony773, Mar 27, 2013
    i have a husky......They are VERY high energy dogs until they get old.......My 12 year old dog still does laps around the yard like shes 6 months old lol
    [​IMG]
    As far as gauging how much i love my dog, i wouldnt trade her for the world. I literally wouldn't trade my dog for a Lamborghini with a suitcase with a billion dollars in it on the passenger seat I SWEAR TO GOD.I have been surrounded by animals my entire life and my dogs have been more loyal than any people (except maybe my parents). Do yourself a favor and get that dog. it can bring joy to your life. Theres plenty of practically free dogs in need of homes at shelters

8. Get a retired greyhound!! Once they are done racing nobody wants them! But they are nice dogs!
    I'm personally scared of dogs because I was attacked when I was little.
    But greyhounds are so nice!!

They are big dogs, and so lazy, they ironically love to lay around!! And they are so loyal!!

9. #29 Soxfantony773, Mar 27, 2013
    My husky is super sweet and would never ever act aggressively towards a person or other dog, but THIS [​IMG]

is the sweetest dog in the world. Shes my buddies and she is always trusted around other dogs and the babies running around on the Holidays. She loves to cuddle and goes against every pitbull stereotype ive ever heard of, besides the fact that they will steal all the blankets/bed when sharing the bed lol.

10. More Samoyed pictures?

Fuck yea :smoking:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. I'm more than likely not going to be able to get a pure bred haha my stepdad knows a dud real well who breds Beagles and that actually came up in conversation a few weeks ago. I'm looking at a few mixed labs and collies. I'm actually digging the smaller dogs.

12. Adopt a greyhound. My sister got one about two years ago. Biggest lush and coolest dog I have ever met.

Their personalities are incredible. They act like big house cats but smarter and more fun. They sleep a lot, don't need a lot of room, and contrary to belief don't need that much exercise.

If you research them you will come to find out that they make really good apartment dogs.

Super obediente, they rarely bark, if ever. Don't each much, are good with kids. Pretty much all around a perfect low maintenance chill dog.

13. #33 chronichouse93, Mar 27, 2013
    i love dogs, they are so great to have around and make you laugh. i have a fully german rottweiler and ive had him since he was a pup, i love him to death. dispite rottweilers are said to be aggressive my dog is very tender and loving, at least with me, my family and people i bring home. my dog tends to lie on his back and just stay like that and not move, almost as id he were playing dead, it is hilarious when he does it. but i think the pros outweigh the cons because the only cons would be that they shit and piss everywhere. and they bark alot my dog barks at anything that gets near my house. since im gonna be moving out soon my dog is gonna be staying with my parents and im thinking of buying my own dog after i move out as well, but im gonna get mine at the dog pound because it kills mee to see dogs have to be out down because no one takes them.

14. Haha! I love greyhounds!! I feel like they get overlooked because of their reputation for racing, but they are super chill!!

15. I'd advise against getting a Beagle.... they are great dogs. But they are super active, they are diggers, howl all the time, stuff like that

16. #37 Soxfantony773, Mar 27, 2013
    a German shepherd/lab mix would be awesome. I want my next dog to be that mix.

My buddy has an Australian/English shepherd/Border Collie mix that is a really cool dog but hes still a very high energy puppy that loves to play fight and he doesnt know his own strength. I often have to literally put him in a headlock and calm him down because hes biting my arms so hard/much lol. Most of my buddies dogs i meet (except the HUGE scary ones) know as soon as they see me its play time lol im a big guy and i LOVE dogs i dont mind being a big dog toy/play buddy

17. Yeah super chill. I don't know how it works in other states but here in NJ you can only adopt them.

They race for a year or two and then they go out for adoption. Which is cool in a way because you already know you are getting a dog that is trained.

I know the dog my sister has ran only 8 races and has a top speed of 44mph. Thing is super fast when it runs around.