Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

to get a bong or not to get a bong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nillio, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Heg guys. Im pretty new to smoking and just upgraded my homemade water bottle bongs to an arizer solo. I havent used it yet but will be this weekend. I was wondering do you guys think I should pick up a cheap roor bong or spend the money on trees? The only reason I'm thinking about getting a bong is because I've read that the high was better. Is that true or is it just preference?

2. I have to change up peices once a week or so or i'll get used to them and my high wont be as intense. Bongs are nice though and they get you ripped as long as you don't get a bong with a lot of air in it. You can get a better bong fir the price you would spend on a roor though imo. Roor used to be top of the line but they've fallen behind in recent years.

3. I've only ever smoke blunts, joints or bowls. never owned a bong, i'm too cheap. maybe one day i'll get a decent one to try it out.

4. #4 nillio, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
    Any suggestions on brands? I think im gonna try to ppik one up at my smokeshop since I have a 20% off coupon. All they list on their website is roor and helix but I would think they have more than that. Keep in mind im trying to keep it under 200.

5. If you're going to get a bong, please get a nice one. If you don't you'll regret wasting your money. At LEAST $50. You may find a small one a little cheaper. Just don't waste your money on a cheap-o-bong

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. A cheap roor? I wasn't aware :)

7. Bongs are a great addition to your toking arsenal as well as helpful when smoking out friends. With bongs you really get what you pay for. The better the bong the more it will likely cost, I would go in to several smoke shops in your area and shop around a bit. If you see a great piece at one store and go find the same piece at another then you can compare prices. Also, talk up the clerk. Ask what they recommend, what the use, and their best seller. Knowledge is power my friend.

Toke On!

8. The mini's aren't that expensive but im not into smoking out of 5 inch bongs lol.

Op if you're going to a shop just find one thats not cheap glass, try to get something pretty thick and stay away from tree percs. They break way to easy imo. I like scientific glass myself, my favorite bong ive ever had was a two foot stemless straight tube with a tree perc. The tree perc ended up breaking though. Helix's are nice too, it all depends on your preference really.

9. they have pretty decent ten dollar plastic bongs with metal downstem and bowl I pick pipes over bongs but if I was gonna get one I'd get a a plastic one just because ik I'd eventually end up breaking a glass one

10. If you get a good glass bong it should be really hard to break. I've seen people hammer nails using a glass bong.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. it's about quality some people pass off a 100 dollar bong for 200

12. well I mean one of their cheaper bongs lol. They kinda get up there in price and I wasn't sure how good their quality was since im pretty new.

13. #13 nillio, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
  14. I would go for the 250 but thats just my preference.

15. even over the ehle? I heard that they were some of the best... Then again, I guess roor is also.

16. the only real difference in getting a bigger bong is probably a bigger hit as you fill the chamber with more smoke. i've seen plenty of nice mini bongs for about $40 that are around 13in or so give or take a little. i had one for over a year until i finally dropped it and broke it. but hey $40 for a bong that lasted that long is pretty good imo. plus there are always ones with sick ass designs on them as well. not only do they look cool but they get you roasted. definitely get a bong you might spend that extra $40 but you'll also be getting higher than before. although you did say you were using water bottle bongs and they get you just as high too.

17. I find the exact opposite. The bigger the bong the more air in it what it takes to get the smoke and clear it could be spent inhaling smoke rather than air. It's just my 2 cents but thats what i've always experienced. Ehles are nice too though, it's up to you and what you prefer

18. Bongs get you far more blazed then a joint will. Imo anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Make sure you get a fairly nice glass on glass bong. Dont get one of those small shitty bongs with rubber grommets..They are fucking trash even the glass ones with the rubber..