To Freezy During Night?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by georginator3, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Hey guys

in the next 2 weeks it is going to be a little bit cold in my area. the minimum is about 7c. What consequences does this have on the plant? I mean the buds are growing well but will they suddenly stop getting bigger? Is the plant going to take any harm? apart from this the weather is well. sunshine and max. 22c. The only thing i´m worrying about is the temperature during night.

(additionally there´re photos of the plant, what do you say? 3 more weeks?)
    thanks for any help! 

Attached Files:

2. The plant could get some shock and that will stunt the growth, I dont know the specific temps but when the plant is too cold the stomata closes which stops gas exchange and the plant could wilt but I pressume thats in extreme conditions?

3. okay, that is clear
    but does anybody know an exact temperature?

thanks

4. Cannabis is a hardy plant and can take some abuse without a doubt. 7c is 44.6f. She'll be fine. I'd worry if temps were going to be closer to freezing. I've had outdoor plants make it through  light freezes. If you're worried just cover it with a sheet or a tarp, something along those lines...godd luck..SW

5. extreme cold temperatures tend to turn the buds red or purple from what i know they can withstand some low temperature s with minor damage it all depends what n the strain too, frost is what they hate

6. okay, then i don´t have to worry haha
    but thanks alot @[member="ItsSeedy"] and @[member="sisterwilliam"]! :)

anyways, how long should i give her time?

7. The best way to know if its ready is by inspecting the trichomes, but you will know you are near to harvest when some of the leaves start to yellow as the plant will start to take up the food reserves it made during veg, buts that method isnt precise, I highly recommend buying a x50 x100 magnifying glass you cant get more precise

8. You're welcome. She looks like she needs more time. Just keep an I on night temps, If its going to freeze, than that may determine when you'll harvest. She looks like she may have another four weeks to me...good luck..SW

9. i consider buying one of these, thanks @[member="ItsSeedy"]
    i´ll give her more time. just wanted to know what other people say because yeah, it´s my first grow haha. but thank you! @[member="sisterwilliam"]