To flush, or not to flush. That is the question.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DwarvesofMoria, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Hey there! First time grower of the bud, but have copious experience growing plants in general. Built an underground greenhouse over the summer that will keep running all of our bitter winter up north; so they are currently in there. Onto 6 1/2 weeks of bloom here with 2 different strains- Zed (Hash dominate indica) and Purple Goo (Sativa/Indica hybrid). They posses 0 amber trichomes and I went over those suckers with a microscope.. rather literately. The hairs are still rather white with a touch of brown on a rare few, and have been thickening up alright. However I must ask when I should begin a 2 week flushing process, and if during that period will there be any further fattening to the buds or increase in trichome production. Also if i should be lowering the temperatures further during the flush period to further stimulate the draining of leaves (currently with 24celsius during the day and 18c at night with a light schedule of 13/11). Thank you for your time and help!

2. Why would you withhold food from a plant during the most important 2 weeks of it's flowering life?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Flushing is a waste of time and energy!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Some flush, some don't............it's really just a personal preference on how you feel about it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. absolutely hopeless practice i compare it to pissing in wind :weed-4:

6. I do a two day flush 5x pot size, 24 hrs in the dark,strip fan leaves,and hang whole plant. Not everyone does but it’s the way I was taught.

7. Dont over feed = no reason to flush.

8. All I can say is Tissue Culture Analysis says to only slightly cut back on food the last 2 weeks.

Tissue analysis says on an 8 weeks flowering strain base fert is slightly increase up until the 6th week.

In weeks 3-4 its been shown to boost the P-K = Monopotassium Phosphate, and then in weeks 5-6 Boost Magnesium/Sulfur, all the while slightly increasing base formula.

Tissue analysis says weed, on average likes a base formula of 19.5-20-39-Some strains like a bit of extra Iron, but is not the average. Weed likes 2x amount of Potassium vs Nitrogen.

Weeks 7-8 feed levels are only slightly cut back. Weed is also a very Mag heavy feeder, and is also the #1 cause of container deficiencies.
    Living Soil/Korean Natural Farming

If your growing organic, I would approach from a different angle.