To flush, or not to flush? That is the question.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Funkypunk, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Only my second year growing. I grow in-ground with organic nutrients and natural pest control methods.
    I completely understand the need for "flushing" the soil when the plant is container grown, or using synthetic or refined nutrients. I have no doubt that some of those chemical compounds could negatively effect the flavor of the smoke. However if it's quality, organic sources for the nutes does the need for flushing still exist?
    Also ...How would one flush a plant in the ground? I would think that would just increase the odds of root rot.
    Searching for advice from those more experienced than I.

2. Dont bother flushing organic grows especially in-ground grows. Just plain water will suffice.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've been making tea with organic PK fertilizer from Vermicrop and adding molasses. I'm guessing my ladies have another couple weeks until harvest so I'm giving them one more meal then just harvested rainwater after that.

4. Pluck a leaf and suck on the sap. If it tastes bitter then keep feeding water. It should be tasteless. Trick I learned. Not even 100% if it works. I think I read it on a book too

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Organic stuff can still give you high PPM which is what u want to avoid. Plant doesn't care if you have synthetic or Organic N P K . I top dressed my planted and also timed it so that it wouldn't run hot during final weeks. If your plant starts yellowing then you know it's near depleted of nutrients. Synthetics are easier to leech. I see that as advantage during flush but waste of money any other time during grow. Organics tend to be slow release.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I wouldn't bother "flushing with 3x size" like most recommend. Just regular water during last 1-3weeks will be good enough. You can get an idea from the shade of leaves and the rate discoloration

• Like Like x 2
  7. I just water as normal without the fertilizer for 1 to 2 weeks then stop watering the ladies for 3 to for days before I harvest them.Just saying thats my system

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pappa69, do you grow in the ground or in containers?

9. Outdoors

10. Outdoors this has been a great summer for outdoor growers.

• Like Like x 1