To filter or not to filter. That is the question.

Discussion in 'General' started by MyBusDriverYells, Oct 25, 2013.

1. My buddy here is saying filter tips "Are for fake stoners." and "Anyone who uses a joint roller is a pussy."

Well. For one. Doesn't Wiz's Cabin Fever have a background full of roaches with tips? If that makes him a "fake stoner" than idk what makes a real one.

& yeah maybe using a rolling machine is a bit beginner smoker'ish. But I do know how to roll. it isn't like I use it all the time either. Plus it rolls perfecttt j's anyway. And truly, who the fuck decided tips are gay? I'd much rather smoke a j with a filter than hold on to the flimsy end of the paper when it gets to that.

What to the bladed think?

To filter or not to filter?

Sent from the void.

2. with a filter it is easier to hold, easier to smoke, and allows you to smoke all the weed in the joint without burning your fingers. Who gives a shit what your friends think. If you think it is better (like I do) put one in.

As for rollers, you can roll a perfect joint in one minute that will burn evenly. Or you can take a few minutes and create it yourself. It is wheter you want the joy of creating a perfect joint yourself or letting a machine do it. It does not matter.

3. If you like filters use filters. If you don't like filters don't use filters.

4. Personally, I prefer a good all natural traditional joint w/o the filter or roller. I've rolled just about all different kinds (except the artistic kinds like spirals and shit) But honestly just smoke the herb however you see fit. Who gives a damn how. hell, you could pile up a half ton an torch it as an offering to Odin. But As long as you're happy with what and how your smoking, that's all that matters homie. Real shit

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Why is this even something that anyone cares about?

6. Exactly. Who gives a shit.

Sent from the void.

7. I use filters in my J's. Just keeps the weed out of my mouth and keeps my fingers from getting burned. Really I hand roll them most the time but machines are cool and get the job done quick. It's not going to taste different so I don't know why anyone cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. doesn't B-Real of cypress hill have his own line of tips that are made by RooR?? B-Real has been a stoner since before your ignorant friend was even born.

9. wait, you can filter foints? I was always told the filter would absorb the THC.

10. Well sure, only if you used a cigarette filter though. That's why you roll your own. They are not so much to "filter" the smoke. But keep the joint paper open and keep the weed from going through. Here is how I roll my filters ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1382727313.863365.jpg

I like them because it makes the joint feel a lot more sturdy and I have something to grab on to. Here is how it looks inside the joint after I roll the J.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1382727372.515151.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1382727384.716837.jpg

See how much room is left to let the smoke escape through, but how it prevents weed from flying through?

11. Lol you get high either way so who cares? You get a perfect jay from a roller so who gives a shit haha. As for the crutch I always use them in Js for nicer pulls

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. We call them crutches not filters. Calling em filters is confusing as there not actually filtering anything.

Agreed. You guys are talking about crutches or tips and not filters.

I don't roll without a tip if I have a choice. Unless you like having to use a roach clip and/or getting bits of weed getting in your mouth, use a tip.

14. I like tips cause i can smoke it til the end. Whatever makes your happy do it, no reason for people to throw fits about how to smoke. It's all preference, and saw long as you get high who cares, happy smoking

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. I've always called them filters, but I might start using 'crutch' as I'm digging the vibe of that word.

I always use them, and I burn through multiple joints every day. If you hand me a joint without one, I'm not going to pass on it, but I much prefer if you threw a little rip of card in there.

And why not? You can smoke 'em 'til the bit, you can hold onto it, and it doesn't get all lipped by the crew as the makes the rounds.

I never got the logic of not using one. What's the point? If someone could enlighten me, please do.

16. Exactly bro. Well put.

17. Who cares about Wiz Khalifa, his shit isn't even catchy for 10 seconds.  Just because you used him to defend your argument and then used gay as a pejorative, I think less of you.

But personally I don't like tips, I don't like smoking cardboard.

18. Those glass tips look fucking awesome tho right.

Sent from the void.

19. i think you think im talking about cigarette type filters.

Sent from the void.

20. "Fake stoner"

This sounds so juvenile to me.