to do, or not to do... that is the question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LateToClass, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Ok guys so after some recent bad news about being approved for A LOT less student financial aid than I needed I'm going to have to live at home for my first year in college. I have some space in my closet 20" by 20" and about 5 foot high that I could build a rubbermaid box and it'd be hidden.

I have all my lights, inline 4" fan ect... basically everything but a box.

I already ordered seeds, so should I just go ahead and try to grow at home in my closet????

Will a carbon filter eleminate enough odor to make it so my parents don't smell it?? My parents know I smoke but if they knew I grew they would be livid...

Possibly run a carbon scrubber and an odor eleminating gel inside the box??

Also, I heard some people talking about melting dry ice in a grow box to increase plant growth? What's this about and should I try it?

2. Why would you be asking if you should or not? You learned how to do it. Answer your question yourself.

3. You can refrigerate the seeds in a low-humidity environment and sometimes they'll last for years. They'll certainly stay fresh for more than a year when stored properly. Good luck with next year's financial aid.

4. Have you looked into any tents?

Or are you looking to build a box?

I wouldn't put the gel in the box but out side the unit. Perhaps in the room to mask any smells.

The use of Dry ice is a way to add Co2. At this point you have other thing to worry about before wondering if you should use it or not.

5. Well is the odor noticeable even with a carbon scrubber?? Can I pull this off guys??

I have wanted to grow for a long time... I have almost everything I need.

I have never been around a grow op, and have no idea what to expect odor wise. Can I make this work?

6. Depends on your scrubber and your system.

If your folks are the nosey and will go ballistic on you if they find a grow in your closet while your off at school or something I don't recommend it.

7. They never go in my room, and if they do its to grab my laundry basket and that's it.. they'd never go thru my closet. Its the smell that would be my only give away

8. if it were me i wouldn't do it inside.. knowing "they" can lose their house if you were to get busted. if they are the type to call the police id for sure say no.. its a felony depending on where you are and that would mean no more financial aide for you and it sticks with you for a while. plants do smell pretty bad and very noticeable. if you set it all up right you can eliminate the odor in the box. but every time you open it.. out come the smells =]

if your parents wouldn't go as far as calling the cops id say try it out.. if you do it right, they wont ever know.

9. Thanks bro. They won't do that... they'd probably just be real dissapointed and make me go live with my girlfriend or something. That or just tell me to get rid of it.

They joke about making brownies and stuff so maybe I could talk them into letting me keep it if they found it... but I hope they never know lol..

10. i also tried it out way back in the day when i was in hs.. i got busted because of light coming out of the vents of a big box i used as a shelf. lol they stumbled upon 24 plants and chopped my babies down. i didn't realize how much trouble you get in for growing or i would have been more careful. they were in there only for a couple days also.. because of the last couple really cold nights of spring.

thank god for medical cards now =]

11. Haha if only they legalized in my state... I have asthma and smoking really helps me. Marijuana acts as a bronchial dialator, just like an inhaler would