To die is never good

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by faso, Oct 2, 2010.

1. because losing consciousness is totally uncool.
    But in heaven life is eternal so you know you won't die and you don't give a fuck and get bored.

I wish there was another alternative because right now I'm feeling kinda bad about it.

2. Dying is always good thats how you live

3. This is one of the big reasons I don't understand why religious people will say that an atheists life has "no meaning without religion/the afterlife".

Does my life not have even more meaning because I'm not expecting to live on in heaven for all eternity?
    I mean, to me (being a non-religious person) this life is all I have, and that makes it the most meaningful thing there could possibly be.

If there is nothing after, than this life is all there is.

Yet my life is meaningless without god? I don't think so. :p

4. How do you know you can even die?

5. A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier dies but one. Imagine asking a hot girl from across the bar if she wants to fuck you. To die or not to die. Thats really how to live

6. What makes you so sure you lose conciousness?
    Just because the meat in your head and chest stop working, doesnt mean its all over..lol
    How sucky would that be.

No my friend, life still has magic in it.
    Its actually quite normal.. Thats what I believe anyway.
    We'll find out some day, untill then.. its fun to speculate and use this meat in our head isnt it?

7. Dying is just a transfer of consciousness from a physical realm to a pure state of being. Does a caterpillar "die" when it becomes a butterfly?

8. It sucks to die... not yet.

9. I call the whole she'bang "The Meatbag".

It comprises everything: meat, blood, and bone related. :D

10. I'm glad more people realize it is a natural thing, and we are just temporary inhabitants of this hunk, for the experience

11. Dying isn't bad. It's natural. And there is no proof that there isn't an afterlife, after astral projecting for the first few times I'm heavily inclined to believe that there is an afterlife and that we are spirits on a human journey, but who am I to say...Even if there isn't, you wouldn't be conscious after you died anyway, it would be impossible for you to care or even be aware of anything for that matter.

In the end, death happens, it happens relatively fast, and when it's over no matter what happens afterwards you won't care that you died anyways, you may even experience bliss that you've never felt before on earth!

12. That's really the bitch of it for atheists, I think.

I mean, jeez, you can argue the lack of a god for your entire life, but if you're right about that then you never once get to say "I told you so!"
    Hell, no ones even going to be able to die and think to themselves "damn, those assholes were right."

It's really a thankless job, being a non-believer. :rolleyes:;)

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2poqYvWsyU]YouTube - Live Forever (US)[/ame]

14. I agree. Belief that there cannot be a god should end up as confusing as belief that there is.

We can think (and I often do) that the end of physical life will be the end of everything. But in the end, none of us really knows if that will be the case. If I can sleep, and seem to experience days or weeks of time, then perhaps my very last thought will seem to last forever.

Perhaps that is my reality even now.

15. What happens when you die?

Im not sure if its good or bad... and im certainly not looking forward to it, but i like to optimistic about it.

16. Hmm tell us how it goes ;)

17. What i have experienced through a personal connection with time itself, the frequency that is projected throughout this universe, was that, when you die, your spirit cannot stay on earth, an angel brings it up into heaven, where your fate is decided, you can either rest, or you can become damned, awaiting the furnace, and spending the last of your time on earth, observing things that go on.

But it's like a Native American proverb I read, "When you were born, you cried, and the world smiled. Live life so that when you die, the world cries, but you smile.

18. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN7wLtJhUBo&feature=related]YouTube - Why don't you kill yourself?[/ame]

:smoke:

19. #19 Alan Watts, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
    You cant have a life, without a death. Just as you cant have a back without a front.

"If you awaken from this illusion, and you understand that black implies white, self implies other, life implies death--or shall I say, death implies life--you can conceive yourself. Not conceive, but FEEL yourself, not as a stranger in the world, not as someone here on sufferance, on probation, not as something that has arrived here by fluke, but you can begin to feel your own existence as absolutely fundamental. What you are basically, deep, deep down, far, far in, is simply the fabric and structure of existence itself." Alan Watts

20. Why not instead of going to a heaven and being trapped their forever and bored..Why not go back to where you came from. Remember before you gained conciousness before your life and how awesome and carefree it was. Its even better than heavan and it doesnt have any requirments to get in. Thats where im going its going to be badass.