To defoliate or not to defoliate...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sdh777, Aug 31, 2019.


To defoliate or not to defoliate

  1. Defoliate now

    0 vote(s)
  2. Wait until week 3 of flower

    0 vote(s)
  1. Man, what a difference 12 days makes...
    These 1st two photos were taken on 8/18...right after defoliation & about 6 days before I switched to flower or 12/12 light cycle.
    BB02EEB9-3F7B-48AA-9B90-3F13CAF113CB.png ED5489E6-E29F-4003-8920-9814FBC20D7B.png

    These next 2 photo were taken today...
    about 6 days after switching to 12/12 light cycle
    The small gap in the front center of the above photo is by design, via tucking....for easier access to the rear tent below the Scrog net.

    They’re already in desperate need of defoliation once again, but I’ve read from multiple sources I should hold off until week 3 of flower?
    At this rate, If I wait 2 more weeks to defoliate I’ll need a bigger Scrog net and tent!
    My last run did not explode like this!
    Anyone who wants to chime is more than welcome and much appreciated!

    To defoliate or not to defoliate...that is the question

  2. I seriously underestimated the stretch and overall growth on mine. First scrog and coco run these girls got outta control. That being said, if I were in your shoes I might clean it up a bit now.

    Attached Files:

  3. Yeah I just am doing my first grow now. I think I defoliated a little early. It's still stretching out a bit.
  4. I’m a big fan of removing plant foliage, but I don’t think you need to remove yours at all.

    Look at the bottom half of those plants- barren! (As it should be this is a very practical)

    Even when it goes into flower. What’s the point? It’s going to stress the plant out. I don’t think it will increase the cola size/yield anymore to remove foliage in this case.
    • Agree Agree x 1

Share This Page