Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To Decarboxylate or Not? Please help

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by kyleson089, Feb 10, 2015.

1. So I am trying to make brownies with some cannabis coconut oil. I have never attempted to decarboxylate before, but am interested to try it out. Normally I just lightly simmer 14 oz of virgin unrefined coconut oil, 1/2 oz of finely ground up bud, and little bit of water for about 8 hours or until it stops bubbling. From what I've read though, it sounds like I may already be doing some decarboxylating to my bud by simmering it in the coconut oil and water for so long, and maybe even when I cook it in brownies at 280 F for about 70-75 minutes. If this is true, then would decarboxylating the bud in the oven at 250 F for 25 mins before simmering it in the coconut oil and water decarboxylate too much and convert much of the THC to CBD? Or will this decarboxylation method in the oven definitely increase the potency of my batch? Does anyone have any experience with a method similar to this?

2. Most of the "sticky" recipes (those that have been selected as the best-of-the-best by the GrassCity community and "pinned" to the top of the Edibles forum) seem to recommend to decarb as a separate step prior to adding the oil. It might be worth giving a try on your next batch. :)

3. #3 BrassNwood, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-medical-grade-oil-cannabis-capsules-uv-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html/page-1
    badkats-cannapharm-medical-grade-oil-cannabis-capsules-uv-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html/page-1
    This is what I used in making hash capsules and yes decarbing does make a difference.. Most of the needed info is on the 1st page follow her directions and you'll have some very good brownies.. The closer I followed her instructions the stronger the resulting end product got.. Skip the water use less oil and more bud and follow her 20 min cook time with freezing between each 20 min heating @ 210 deg.. If you have enough bud or trim make kief-hash and eliminate some or all of the to green taste of most canna infused products..