Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

To Continue or Not to Continue?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mlrock, Jul 5, 2011.

1. So I've been smoking weed for a year now, and lately I've been questioning whether or not I should continue or quit. Since I came home from college for summer vacation, I have smoked at least once every weekend. This past year, I usually smoked once a month in the fall semester, and once every two weeks during the winter/spring semester. I can think of some pros and cons regarding my experience with weed.

The pros: I have always experienced a great deal of anxiety and low self-esteem. Since I started, I have started to care less about people and things that shouldn't matter to me. Because of my reduced anxiety, I have found that I have higher self-esteem and confidence and am more willing to take risks that will reap great rewards if they are successful, such as asking women on dates. I am also more willing to stand up for myself is someone does something wrong to me. Furthermore, smoking weed with people I know has been a great way to enhance my relationships with some friends and create potential friendships with others. In addition, when I am high, I often find that I make insights on how to live a better, happier life and which people in my life are more trustworthy than others.

The cons: While smoking weed has reduced my anxiety in positive ways, it has also done so in negative ways. While with friends, I often act unpredictable and "off-the-wall" even while sober. Many of my friends have been concerned over the way I have been acting and are working to help me out on this front, so this concern may be mitigated. Another downside is the fact that even when I'm smoking with people who like and trust me and I feel the same way about them, I am still very often prone to "bad highs" which can range from brief bouts of paranoia which I can generally control to thoughts that I find depressing that can be harder to keep in line. Finally, even when I'm sober and think about my pot use, I often think that I'm damaging my body, even though I am an adult and all of the medical evidence that has shown the horrors of weed use are questionable at best.

Based on my experience with weed, should I continue or quit blazing?

2. I think you should continue, once a month or even 4 times a month (considering once every weekend) is not that much compared to other smokers. I think the positives are far outweighing the negatives. Anxiety is the worst and I can say bud helps my anxiety as well and is a very good reason to smoke. Also being "off the wall" could just be you being less anxious about everything and being more of the person you really are rather than low self-esteem anxious person whose too fearful to do anything, even if you really wanted to.

3. Why do all the words "weed" and "pot" redirected to legalbuds.com, advertisement thread?

4. You should definitely continue, especially because it seems like you don't do it often enough to let it interfere with your social/school/work life. As for bad highs and stuff, you should smoke more indica strains. The high CBD content works to prevent paranoia. If you're acting more crazy, so to speak, just start to think twice before you act. Self control, grass hopper.

5. #5 DriftingApart, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2011
    Legal buds is about as synthetic as it gets.

Are you just being a bad troll, or are you trying to tell us something?

--

Also, not one person on this forum can look at your positive and negative perspectives on marijuana and make a conscious decision for you to live by, besides, everyone that posts is going to give you a different answer, which one can you believe?

Look inside yourself man. If weed makes life more complicated, lay off of it for a bit, clear your mind, and then make the conscious decision whether or not to go back to it. There's really not a right or wrong answer here, and there are multiple other perspectives that you aren't considering as well, such as your friends perception of you as an individual. Furthermore, if you want to stop having bad highs, you need to channel your mood in a peaceful manner before you get high, because cannabis is an emotion enhancing drug, and the mood you are going into your high will most likely be the one that is elevated.