To cold in grow tent

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bobmarleyo21, Jan 5, 2010.

1. The temp in my grow tent is to low, its around 60 F. I would like it to be at 70 F though. Today is the 1st day of flowering for my plants too. Anyone have any good suggests on how to increase the temp of my tent by around 10 degrees. The humidity is around 40-45%.
    If you want any more information or to see pics check the link in my sig.

2. Whats your lighting setup? If using CLF's you can add a few more in the tent to increase light and heat

if using MH, or HPS, hook a mini heater up to a elec. thermostat set at 78*, this will ensure consistent temps as the thermostat will turn off if temps exceed 78*

3. just put in my HPS bulb today,
    doesn't a mini heater use up a lot of electricity though, specially if its on for 12 hours a day

4. #4 <T^H^C>, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2010
    Na you can get a small heater and it wont use that much, or you can get some green halogen bulbs to have on when the hps is off to produce heat, green wont affect the plants 12 hours of sleep either as green is a neutral color and they wont absorb it.

5. it naturally gets cool at night, so are you worried about it stunting or? anyhoo, what if you just used a cloning root mat to keep that plants warm? i think that would ward off any bad juju your worried about

6. I've used a small space heater with built-in thermostat to get my 62 deg closet up to 75-77. It only cycles on for 30 seconds every 10 minutes or so, so the cost is minimal.

Stay away from green light during 'lights off'. Plants may not use green light as much as red or blue, but it still causes plant chlorophyll activity. Stay dark - no hermies!

7. I bought a small heater I plugged it in but it is drawing to much power with all the other stuff I have plugged in for the plants. so the heater isn't going to work