to close to light, bleached.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jjm8989, Apr 26, 2012.

1. so if a plant is to close enough too a light, not close enough to burn the leaves, but close enough to turn the leaves white, what sort of i'll effects can be expected in the final product? i am thinking poor resin production in bleached areas.... any other thoughts?

:bongin:

2. Once parts of the leaves go white, they are dead and will produce nothing. If a leaf is damaged bad enough it'll just fall off. The rest of the plant will be ok and will carry on as usual, unless there is widespread bleaching. Then you're dealing with stress and all that comes with it, like slowed and delayed growth throughout the plant. Otherwise, light bleaching can be strictly localized damage and easy to work past.

3. Back off the light's 12 to 15'' 600 watt 24'' 1000 watt not 2 or 3 inch's even t5ho's will bleach a plant if to close t5's get pretty warm to the touch but the bleaching issue is so obvious to one c going on and secondly to fix move ur light's that close i bet u will burn up ur bud's to but ur call

4. what????

5. [quote name='"scorpiozodiac"']

what????[/quote]

Yeah, the art of punctuation is lost to some. I believe he's just saying to back off your lights if they're bleaching the plants.

6. i have pretty well run out of vertical space. i think i am going to pull the buds to a angle and finish them off for the last two weeks or so.
    first run in the homemade cabinet, gotta work out the kinks.