To Clear something up.

Discussion in 'General' started by Phethawate, Feb 15, 2006.

1. This isn't for anyone but myself, but there was a thread about someone being underage due to the fact that they mentioned they were on Diversion. Given their facts of their offense they very well might have been. But this has been bothering me because, certain states, i.e. Kansas offers diversion to people of all ages as an alternative punishment for your first DUI. I know a few people that have had it. In fact my friend starts hers Thursday, she's 21. This probably doesn't belong in here but I researched damnit.

http://www.1800duilaws.com/states/ks.asp

"Kansas DUI law is unique, since it allows for a DUI diversion program (which most states do not). If you have never been convicted of DUI, have never entered into a diversion contract for DUI before, and were not involved in an accident or collision resulting in personal injury or death, you may be eligible to participate in a DUI diversion program."

2. I gave you some positive rep for going through all that effort.

3. Well, dude wasn't talking about a DUI. It had to deal with theft and just being with the person who stole whatever it was. I don't see anything listed about theft and diversion so that part isn't necessarily all that cleared up.

*edit* We will keep it in mind about diversion and unique laws. Had the person been talking about a DUI, I would have unbanned them to be fair.

*Thread moved to a proper forum for this topic.*

4. Yeah I understand. I did reread through his post before posting my own and I did realize that his situation painted a picture where he was underage. But I just wanted to point out that there was this scenario in Kansas where diversion is offered to people over 18. Sorry about originally posting this in the wrong forum, btw, I just figured since that was where that original post I was refering to was made it would be understood best.